Legions: Overdrive Community Video Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artimos Penguidor

You guys seriously like it? Btw i made the animation in blender. and the intro was made by my two brothers and my camera mod to take away the hud.

mario

You guys seriously like it? Btw i made the animation in blender. and the intro was made by my two brothers and my camera mod to take away the hud.

Yes I like it Its fun and you are a smart boy when you can work with a program like Blender. ;)

Anyways dont stop making the videos like that and intro of course. When you will work more and more you will improve your skills in Blender better and then you can make an epic vid. ;p

ellismore

This is a contest submission from both me and MJ1284
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDSIeUnAbqI
Footage is by him, editing is by me. Youtube screwed up the audio a little bit therefore it is delayed by about 1 second and the syncs aren't as perfect as it was in the Sony Vegas Playback preview, which is the movie editing program I used to edit this video.
Hope y'all like it :p

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Yet another video with serious aspect ratio problems. Sad to see that people put that much effort into a video and then fail the basics. Could have been way better than it now is.

MJ1284

Yet another video with serious aspect ratio problems. Sad to see that people put that much effort into a video and then fail the basics. Could have been way better than it now is.

For his defense, he had to re-encode each clip with WMM because playback was too laggy, try ahead and see if you get smooth preview playback with 1680 x 1050 resolution videoclips. While I agree that aspect ratio could be better. 1st of July is right around the corner and we got this project rolling little behind the schedule (protip: 1280 x 740 gives much better playback quality).

If ellismore is still up for it, I could re-encode clips myself with better quality and send them to him again.. but I can't blame him if he doesn't feel like starting all over again. If there'd be little more time, say 2 or 3 days, I'm sure he could remake the whole thing with considerably higher video quality, but it wouldn't be fair for others to ask to extend deadline because of one video.

EDIT: Yarr, I ment 1280 x 720, not 740... MJ was sleepy-head while writing this post.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
For his defense, he had to re-encode each clip with WMM because playback was too laggy, try ahead and see if you get smooth preview playback with 1680 x 1050 resolution videoclips. [...]
Sure, working with a resolution of 1680x1050 without a dedicated video system is a nightmare. But if your original footage is 16:10 (which 1680x1050 is - and 1280x740 isn't), you have to keep that ratio (not necessarily the resolution itself though), otherwise you'll end up with distortion like in the video that ellismore posted. If you play and record in 16:10, you have to encode in 16:10, edit in 16:10, and upload in 16:10. If that's not possible, you have to add black bars to keep the aspect ratio.

Edit: Oh, and I know that you know that, but obviously something went wrong with the video in question.

ellismore

Sure, working with a resolution of 1680x1050 without a dedicated video system is a nightmare. But if your original footage is 16:10 (which 1680x1050 is - and 1280x740 isn't), you have to keep that ratio (not necessarily the resolution itself though), otherwise you'll end up with distortion like in the video that ellismore posted. If you play and record in 16:10, you have to encode in 16:10, edit in 16:10, and upload in 16:10. If that's not possible, you have to add black bars to keep the aspect ratio.

Edit: Oh, and I know that you know that, but obviously something went wrong with the video in question.
Well i'm sorry if you don't like it but you have to realize that this is my 2nd try. My first video I made for MJ was only getting a 3/5 for him, so I was like "I have to do better".
I went out, spent 2 months worth of allowance and bought Sony Vegas 10 in order to make it better, and yet the clips MJ sent me still weren't playing back on my vegas. Therefore, I had to use the same re-encoded clips that I used for the previous video (which also had aspect ratio problems, that's why MJ only gave it a 3/5) which caused the aspect ratio to completely screw up when I un-checked "Maintain aspect ratio" (If I didn't uncheck it there would be huge black bars on the side).

So it's really hard to do something that you just can't do, it's not possible. It wasn't possible for me to make a perfect aspect ratio because I had to use the same re-encoded files and if I used the source files the editing would be EXTREMELY bad and dare I say it, lame, because the playback was so laggy I just couldn't see a thing.

AS FOR YOU MJ:
If you could re-encode the files yourself and send it to me before TONIGHT (June 29th) 12:00AM pst, I would do my BEST to work at it hard.
If I can't finish it, then we'll just use the video we already have up. If I can finish it in time, then, well, great!
So My dropbox is open all day if you would like to send me the clips at any time.

I hope that you like it ;)

NOTE: I'll re-upload it on Friday night/Saturday (video quality, maybe a few changes, etc.); As the deadline is July 1st I had to upload it today.
wow battlestar, great video you got there(WINNER)
perhaps if you recorded the slow motion with more fps it would definitely look better

Status
Not open for further replies.