Legions Lite

wetflame1969

Ok so i download the file, drag it to desktop, go into live folder, into legions folder and then into preferences. I then drag the downloaded file into the prefs folder and it asks if i wanna replace and stuff. I click yes. I close live folder and start legions up with the launcher, type in my username and password, start it up without clicking the update button and select a server and join. Nothing is different, just the same graphics as before with no change. HELP PLEASE. what am i doing wrong?

Disci

Old man
after you have replaced the original prefs.cs you might want to delete prefs.dso.cs file which is in the same folder. Don't worry the game makes the file again but that should enable all the changes you have made to prefs.cs if it doesn't work otherwise.

Alex

ok...one question:What must I do to be able to see my weapons in 1st person view while using legions lite?

Disci

Old man
Read the prefs.cs file. You should be able to spot the line right away yourself. Time to educate yourself and not rely on everyone elses help each time you find troubles with them. Remember, 0 = not enabled and 1 = enabled.

snob

So I was fooling around with legions lite and ati tray tools, mainly with LOD settings (Level of Detail). The end result was so ugly perfect I had to make a youtube video about it.

In doing this though it affects the crosshair, so you won't have anything to aim with.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
So I was fooling around with legions lite and ati tray tools, mainly with LOD settings (Level of Detail). The end result was so ugly perfect I had to make a youtube video about it.

I've been thinking about making a texture pack with very simple colours bland like those in the video, you know, to see if It has any effect on FPS. I prefer simpler graphics anyhow, it really appeals to me.

Created

I get 55 fps on 1080p on a dual core but that is in fullscreen mode NOT maximized mode because for some reason in maximized mode i only got 35 fps.
Very late reply, but, if you're using windows Vista or 7 then switching to Windows Vista/7 Basic visuals can help with this. Aero and other windows visual effects can decrease performance of your computer a lot.

Very late reply, but, if you're using windows Vista or 7 then switching to Windows Vista/7 Basic visuals can help with this. Aero and other windows visual effects can decrease performance of your computer a lot.
Could you tell me how to do that? (or show an URL that shows how to do it)

snob

Is it possible to reduce the textures and detail of the base and other props to that, but keep the details of the weapon and the char looking good?

BTW: Maxed out at 392.4 fps!

Depends on what you set the LOD to, the shapes will still look like crap unless you tweak your prefs in legions lite.