Legions Lite

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I will note here that the prefs file can be changed manually if you know what you are doing and what the values mean. However, if not, I would recommend that you download this file!

Disci

Old man
You can do all the changes by yourself. You don't really need lite for that. It'll work anyways one way or another.

moronval

Private Tester
I'm anticipating needing to change legions lite with this release, but if not then.. well, that's just
fabulous-dude.jpg

moronval

Private Tester
New version is ready to download. hit alt+enter to get into fullscreen, I was having trouble setting it to enter fullscreen automatically when legions starts up.

p.s. my previous version was causing completely black bases - so if you're experiencing that then be sure to grab this new one.

moronval

Private Tester
The prefs. file is only created in the preferences folder if you change the default settings of the game. Anything. You could do anything as small as mouse sensitivity and that would create the prefs.cs file.

Mhi200

Any reason why legions would stop working and exit whenever I try to join a game? (On my semi-useless laptop) It worked with standard legions (Although with an unplayable frame rate), but after I changed to legions lite it loads the map/objects/etc, then shows a black screen and closes.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Any reason why legions would stop working and exit whenever I try to join a game? (On my semi-useless laptop) It worked with standard legions (Although with an unplayable frame rate), but after I changed to legions lite it loads the map/objects/etc, then shows a black screen and closes.

Post your console.log, little buddy!

Also, let Seymour know what kind of GPU you're rocking on your laptop.

chattyloid

Hey i put legion lite and for some reason the legions : overdrive quality is horrible its like playing a game black n' white ant btw i had to reinstall legions plz help i really want to have legions lite .

Mhi200

Hey i put legion lite and for some reason the legions : overdrive quality is horrible its like playing a game black n' white ant btw i had to reinstall legions plz help i really want to have legions lite .

Introduction

Welcome. Legions Lite is a project of mine aiming to squeeze as many frames per second as I can out of legions. This thread is dedicated to the player that wants Legions to run faster on their computer. You'll be taking a big, big hit in the graphics quality department - but the tradeoff can range from a 15 to 60 frames per second boost. Legions Lite is not finished, changes will constantly be made.

Preview Legions Lite

"What sort of graphics/effects will I be missing out on?"

Shadows off, Clouds off, Sky off environment textures minimized, Lighting disabled, environment mapping disabled, foliage disabled, resolution lowered past the minimum, fog effect minimized, and view distance minimized (greatly).

FlyerRadio

The craptop that I'm running Legions on typically overheats, fans kick on, then slows the graphics to a thrashy near standstill until I restart. Do you think this mod would make my comp a) run Legions faster and overheat less often. b) run awesome, then cause my computer to implode after 15 seconds?