Legions International Competitive League - Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Application-1

test bester
Okay and now we also need to still clarify the ruleset of what map and what server will be played? Would be nice if you actually read the tournament thread enryu.

My suggestion:
If teams agree with the same server all games are played there, if teams do not then depending on the teams location (europe, us east, us west, asia) 2 servers will be chosen. Example: us east vs europe would be played 1 game on us east and 1 game on europe. HOWEVER if a match up like us west vs europe happens and a server lays in between of those 2 teams (us east) and both teams get the same ping on that server then teams can suggest to play both games there, this is a CHOICE however and both teams need to agree to it otherwise the 1 game on us west and 1 game on europe rule should kick back in (but we all know both games will most likely be stomp considering ping so something to think about).

The team that plays on their homeland server does NOT choose map, they do choose side. If a team agrees on 1 server for both games then 1 team chooses map first and enemy chooses side and second game the other way round.

I welcome any additions to my suggestion.

57thEnryu

The team that plays on their homeland server does NOT choose map, they do choose side. If a team agrees on 1 server for both games then 1 team chooses map first and enemy chooses side and second game the other way round.
agreed with other stuff, but id rather switch who chooses map and side (if the away team chooses map then the home team can choose the stronger side. for example beta side has much better routes than alpha on frostbyte and is also easier to defend, IMO.)

so, home team chooses map, away chooses side, that way the away team can get a better advantage (even if its just a small one)

Poponfu

Lead Developer
I like how you had it before, where each week is a specific map and teams just alternate sides (i.e. week 1 is frost so every team plays frost, week 2 is zenith etc)
Yeah I think it should be that and alpha gets to pick from LICL match servers. Each team can pick which one is best for them when they get alpha. Or each week one team is home and one is away and the home team gets to pick which side they get their server round pick on. Thats how it went in CS.

Application-1

test bester
agreed with other stuff, but id rather switch who chooses map and side (if the away team chooses map then the home team can choose the stronger side. for example beta side has much better routes than alpha on frostbyte and is also easier to defend, IMO.)

so, home team chooses map, away chooses side, that way the away team can get a better advantage (even if its just a small one)
But here comes the thing, if you choose a map to play on you better make sure you are good at that map does not matter what side. I think it balances out. Let's say we pick core vs a team that does not perform well on it atleast they can pick a side they prefer.
Or each week one team is home and one is away and the home team gets to pick which side they get their server round pick on. Thats how it went in CS.
You mean home team picks server and side and away team picks map? I would be cool with that but is there not a team that ends up with less home games then away? Or do you play 2 times in 1 week and change the way? Many teams don't have time for 2 times a week.

Poponfu

Lead Developer
But here comes the thing, if you choose a map to play on you better make sure you are good at that map does not matter what side. I think it balances out. Let's say we pick core vs a team that does not perform well on it atleast they can pick a side they prefer.

You mean home team picks server and side and away team picks map? I would be cool with that but is there not a team that ends up with less home games then away? Or do you play 2 times in 1 week and change the way? Many teams don't have time for 2 times a week.

The home team picks LICL server/side then away team gets to pick a LICL server , this is decided when the game is scheduled between leaders. Maps are predetermined for each week like kissy said and there's only one match a week. Home / Away were kinda arbitrary in CAL but you had a equal amount of each over the course of a season.

57thEnryu

sorry I have been away (work/mothersdayseeinggrandmaforfirsttimeintwoyears/awayfromcompingeneral)
yes, I'll start it up (I did say the 13th to be fair)

Kissyface_r0x

Private Tester
So when will it officially start? We need to clarify the rules before we can do anything. Cant play a match if we don't know how the map/side/server is determined.

57thEnryu

sorry but right now I don't have time to be on every day (I can only pop on every few days at best, Im just really busy), do it like you did last year where both team captains choose on either 1 in-between server to play on or switch between tx and euro server. as for maps, well just do this:

week 1: frostbyte zenith
week2: zenith fallout
week 3: fallout core
week 4: core elegiac
week 5: elegiac reactor
week 6: reactor frostbyte
week 7: frostbyte zenith

if you don't like that than just have the away team choose the map and home team side, ok?

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
If you want someone to get it rolling I can make a thread about it. If we want to have a tournament we should probably have someone who can check in most of the time. Lets get this going before people lose interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.