Legions Future

Jedired1

The updates are good for some people but i need to ask whether there will be serversfor people who want to play legions in its orgional ?

ive talked around and some people dont like the updates :/

Jedired1

Sorry Disci but its true i dont mind updating the game and making it more different but i still want to play the origonal in the future

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
What do you mean original? Legions is legions besides the fact that it isn't in a browser anymore. If you're going to ask a question at least tell us what you think the "original" version is.

What I'm getting from the OP is that he wants to play the OLD OLD OLD version before the new build update from IA.

You know, the one with no fall damage, RLS det, and charge up sniper?

D

Doom Of Neroflame

The updates are good for some people but i need to ask whether there will be serversfor people who want to play legions in its orgional ?
ive talked around and some people dont like the updates :/
oldold legions?

or do you mean when the new weapons go live, can u use the previous(current ones) ?

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
Although it's said 'Old is gold', A game that doesn't have updates, no new weapons, maps etc, eventually gets boring. I personally hate having to play with the so called 'Original' when having new things around can make a game so much more fun.

Old is gold, but it can get a little boring after a while.

ddd890

i think they should add alittle more jets in legions and take of the fallling damage it was better without it

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
i think they should add alittle more jets in legions and take of the fallling damage it was better without it
The jet limit in Legions: Overdrive is in my opinion perfect, there is no need to increase the jet.

Fall damage is a good way to make players give more importance to their manner of skiing, flying and general movement. Not having any fall damage is just nonsense, it would make movement awfully easy.

Disci

Old man
The jet limit in Legions: Overdrive is in my opinion perfect, there is no need to increase the jet.

Fall damage is a good way to give a little more emphasis to skiing, flying and general movement. Not having any fall damage is just nonsense, it would make movement too easy.

I think many would enjoy Legions more if these things would get added. Partly what makes Legions so hard to learn are exactly jet management and collision damage. I don't want them to be added, tho. Saying this because there are whole bunch of dumbasses around here who can't use their own brains.

Propkid

dumbasses around here who can't use their own brains.
morons who doesn't have slightest idea how to use their so called brains?
if you would stop and think with your own brains
you just can't leave your brains in the closet and start playing.
You brains process the information and new things you learned when they rest ie when you are sleeping.
Are you sure that you shouldn't be a neuroscientist instead of a personal trainer?

I am so sorry for this Disci but I couldn't stop myself :D You use the word so much...

Armageddon

Teapot
When and if modding arrives that is the first thing on my list, a very trimmed version of legions. LegionsLT.

No special classes and no updated weapons, OR,RD,Sent - Chain,Rocket,Laser,Nade/Cluster on heavy, thats all.

Karnage

Private Tester
I have said many times that Legions is a lot more like a sports game than a conventional FPS. Every map is not unlike a large arena or field with goals on either end. Like most sports it does not need to be fiddled with and changed to make it more interesting. It is what it is. If people were to start changing the rules for football (soccer) games online and then changing the physics etc. it might in fact begin to lose its appeal. I think Legions should not be changed too much. It is what it is and too much modding will only mess it up. I personally like Legions for its straightforward and simple gameplay which focuses on skill and speed. If it starts getting more 'depth' etc. then it loses its focus and stops being Legions but starts to resemble other games too much. When one plays a soccer game online one doesn't ask for more depth. It is what it is and I believe that Legions is similar in that way. If you don't like soccer then go play something else. It's a personal thing. The thing that will renew interest in Legions is competitive game play such as scrims and matches (leagues/ladder) and in order for that to happen we need to be able to host our own servers. This will be the next big step. Imagine playing a soccer or tennis game but without any real competition - just a bunch of random people, some of whom do not even obey the rules of the game and just grab the ball and run around the field making others chase them or else they even go and score for the enemy team etc. Of course you will get bored fast, not to mention annoyed. We need competition. We need to be part of a serious team that works together towards a common goal and competes with other teams for the top spot. That is the attraction of sports and that is the real attraction of Legions in the end too.

Homingun

... looks bleak.

Reasons: Tribes Ascend, no monetary incentive, devs.

There is truth to what Carnage says; but he forgets to mention that sports games have evolved over time to include rules and regulations to make them balanced and fun to play.