Drugs and Alchohol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allahrules2

Another good question for everyone here; Whats your view on drugs, alchohol, and intoxicants in general?

Let me first state my view to get us started

I believe that both are very harmful and that they should be stayed away from and outlawed. Number one reason is because they make you lose control of yourself. A drunk man is capable of anything. He isn't aware of what is going on so he could do anything. Same with someone who is high. Because of the aforementioned reason drugs and alchohol cause many problems in society. How many broken families owe it all to liquor and drugs. How many homeless bums are on the streets because they couldn't control their habit. How many innocent people have been murdered in a drunken rage? How many innocents have died because of a drunk driver? How many people die everyday to get some rich prick his drug fix? How many scarred children lose their innocence because of their drunkard (or crackie) parent? Are any possible benefits of alchohol and drugs worth the risk? There are those who say "If you use it responsibly there is no problem". That's a good way to put it "People just need to responsible!" sounds nice doesn't it? So we are going stake lives, families, children, and money on peoples self control? That sounds pretty stupid does it not? Humans have a very very hard time controlling themselves, for that reason I don't think the odds are too good.

Whats your view on this topic, and please when you reply give us a good paragraph this is the off topic board but that doesn't mean we can't formulate a proper paragraph.

First of all it's unfortunate for those in bad situations because of drugs and alcohol. But most of the time they use those to get their minds out of whatever situations they are in already. I have never drank alcohol in my life. But when I was really down and in despair - all I wanted was a way out. I was literally thinking of getting strong alcohol and just overdoing it. Why? Because I wanted it all to disappear. But it's wrong to take it all away too just because some may use it that way. You can misuse anything and die from anything. You drink too much water you will die. You dont drink enough you die. It's all moderation!

It's joyful for some to use those things. It's good to enjoy your work you get every day and eat what you want, drink what you want and to treat your self and others with love. There is nothing wrong with any of the substances - but whether or not it hurts your body it becomes a problem. When it starts hurting others your problem just has gotten a lot worse is all and should be held fully responsible. But you can't blame the substances themselves for the problems you get. Most of the time they are used as a way out from other situations. But not limited to that of course. I am not blind to the problems though. I will lose my mum soon to drugs but there's nothing I can do. It's not up to me whether or not she wants to go to rehab. I can only urge it. The real problem is doctors prescribing stuff that only temporarily works instead of cures, so like my mum in accordance to over the counter drugs, she will die from it. These are all my opinions and should be taken as such.

Propkid

My view on most of the drugs, except the totally sad things like glue/meth and the super-heavily addicting ones like heroin, is as such:
Drugs are like guns in such a way that it's not the guns that kill people, it's the people themselves.

For people who end up on the street because of such addictions, for those families who encounter problems due to lack of responsibility... it's hard to feel sorry for them when you know that they've gotten themselves into those situations themselves. Everyone has their own problems in their life: be it ambitions, girls or job (same stuff) and if they let those problems take hold of them then they are *danced* anyway, even without drugs. Believe me, if not drugs then people would find another way to mess up their lifes.

This might sound a bit rough and extremist of me but I still believe in a certain form of survival of the fittest. Yes, many people have ended up they way they are due to misfortunes and they need help, but many people get into *chocolate cookies* themselves and, in my opinion, they should get out also by themselves.

There is no drug that will cause severe health issues when taken at low dosage. I've tried different things, but that was solely out of curiousity. I did try smoking, but I just didn't let myself get addicted. I do drink alcohol but you just don't see me drunk out of my mind/ hungover (cos I'm hangoverproof :D). I know people who just can't drink and get wasted during every contact with alcohol. These people have problems, and if they won't get hold of alcohol they'll find something different to mess up their lifes with. Heck, even gaming can end up in a severe addiction, but look at all of us in here; we might not be enjoying it in healthy amounts but none of us are addicted (I hope0.

Allahrules2

Both of you have good points. But there is still this problem, yes it is the people who get them in those situations but for the most part those people wouldn't make those bad choices. That's the problem, the substances dull their senses which lead them to making bad choices. Most people can make intelligent decisions but when alchohol and drugs come into play they are dumbed down. The people are the ones making the choices but the substances are major factors. They got themselves into the problems but they could never get out of the problems because of the substances. I don't believe that simply because a small amount of people enjoy these things responsibly that these substances should still be available for use. I talked about the extreme effects of these substances but there are many many many more negative outcomes of these substances I just named the most predominant ones.

Propkid

Both of you have good points. But there is still this problem, yes it is the people who get them in those situations but for the most part those people wouldn't make those bad choices. That's the problem, the substances dull their senses which lead them to making bad choices. Most people can make intelligent decisions but when alchohol and drugs come into play they are dumbed down.
I took them substances, I haven't made any bad choices. That's my logic and so far it leads me to the fact that deep inside they do want to be 'dumbed down', to have something to blame for their downfall besides their own patheticalness.

Less people on earth the better. Leave my drugs and alcohol alone.
Ahhhh, if the Finns ruled the world.... It would be *dancing* empty, just like Finland ;D

Disci

Old man
It's not as black and white as OP makes it sound like. People are different and some people should never get drunk/high on anything. But I know people(me included) who don't do bad choices while runk/high(note that I don't do drugs much, pretty much not at all, these days). I never got involved in a fight, drove a car, talk *chocolate cookies* to others or anything else which would be considered a bad choices done under influence.

Some drugs and especially alcohol are not good for your health and are addictive if used often. Drug addicts and alcoholics cost *chocolate cookies* loads of money for the society and tbh I'd want my tax money to go something else rather than getting poor bastards back in line. Something really simple and cheap would be great, like poisoning. This might sound harsh but after reading newspapers and seeing these drunk drivers killing innocent people in a car accident makes my blood boil. In Finland they don't even get punished properly from their actions.

Anyways, people are different and react to these substances differently. Those who become agressive would probably be agressive anyways no matter how drunk/high/sober they are because it's in their genes. Like I said, it's not black and white.

Allahrules2

I took them substances, I haven't made any bad choices. That's my logic and so far it leads me to the fact that deep inside they do want to be 'dumbed down', to have something to blame for their downfall besides their own patheticalness.

I apologize I am misswording my thoughts. I think it boils down to this simple statement we say to ourselves "one more wouldn't hurt". That's the problem with these substances the more you take the more you want to take another sure you can resist but you are gambling with human self control, The stakes are incredibly high and the odds are very much against you. Not everyone who gets drunk or high goes on a murderous rampage, but in the end they make bad choices while under the influence. Simply because some of us can control ourselves doesn't mean that they should still be available for immediate use. Wheres you peoples' sense of self sacrifice? The amount of people who end up being harmful to themselves and society while under the influence are much much greater than those who don't.

But disci I agree with you. They aren't treated harsh enough, not poison, if a drunk driver kills an innocent person they should be executed. It's not harsh it's what is fair.

Disci

Old man
What do you think would happen if they would ban tobacco, alcohol and coffee completely? Do you think people wouldn't get that stuff anywhere?

Another good question for everyone here; Whats your view on drugs, alchohol, and intoxicants in general?

Let me first state my view to get us started

I believe that both are very harmful and that they should be stayed away from and outlawed. Number one reason is because they make you lose control of yourself. A drunk man is capable of anything. He isn't aware of what is going on so he could do anything. Same with someone who is high. Because of the aforementioned reason drugs and alchohol cause many problems in society. How many broken families owe it all to liquor and drugs. How many homeless bums are on the streets because they couldn't control their habit. How many innocent people have been murdered in a drunken rage? How many innocents have died because of a drunk driver? How many people die everyday to get some rich prick his drug fix? How many scarred children lose their innocence because of their drunkard (or crackie) parent? Are any possible benefits of alchohol and drugs worth the risk? There are those who say "If you use it responsibly there is no problem". That's a good way to put it "People just need to responsible!" sounds nice doesn't it? So we are going stake lives, families, children, and money on peoples self control? That sounds pretty stupid does it not? Humans have a very very hard time controlling themselves, for that reason I don't think the odds are too good.

Personally, I think alcohol and other softdrugs have caused quite a lot of suffering. But they fulfill vital roles in our societies: from the top of my head the main ones would be escapism, social lubricant, fun. Banning it altogether is not going to make the demand for this go away, and it's not going to make the problems go away. See also: every prohibition ever.

So, saying that it needs to be banned is not going to help anyone anything. Instead, ask yourself: why do people want to be intoxicated?

Allahrules2

I never said banning would stop people from getting it entirely. But it would make it a hell of a lot harder to get. That means that less and less people would get into it over time. But radio that is not a very smart reason simply because something can also provide fun for a group of people another group of people will suffer? Those aren't vital roles you can have fun in other ways than getting drunk. The problems wouldn't go away but there wouldn't be as many if something is illegal it's a lot harder to get less people using would mean less problems happening. Banning it would also cause some problems but you have to weigh it out.

Disci

Old man
I never said banning would stop people from getting it entirely. But it would make it a hell of a lot harder to get.

Rofl, as we can see, getting cocaine, weed, lsd, ecstacy etc is a hell of a problem for the users. I could get them right away with just a few phone calls. Where are all these drugs coming from? What problems are related to this criminal activity? Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

You can't weight out problems which would be there due the banning of something that has been among the people for so long. It all should come from own choices people makes, not from goverments telling people what not to do and then ban them altogether. You can see these examples and how they have worked out in the past if you would stop and think with your own brains and find information by yourself, not by what you've heard from who ever wants you to belive this way.

I never said banning would stop people from getting it entirely. But it would make it a hell of a lot harder to get. That means that less and less people would get into it over time. (...) The problems wouldn't go away but there wouldn't be as many if something is illegal it's a lot harder to get less people using would mean less problems happening.

See also: every prohibition ever.

I'm with Disci... have you even read into this or are you just laying down a gut feeling?

Allahrules2

Rofl, as we can see, getting cocaine, weed, lsd, ecstacy etc is a hell of a problem for the users. I could get them right away with just a few phone calls. Where are all these drugs coming from? What problems are related to this criminal activity? Do you have any idea what you're talking about?
When I say banning I mean a thorough stop of the substances. Cutting off the supply, whatever it takes to stop it, an actual effort to stop the people who sell it, and a campaign to get people to realize that they're harmful. That's what I mean when I say ban.

Disci

Old man
You just can't do it. That's the fact. It's very naive of you thinking it would solve the problem. I edited my latest post before this I suggest you to read it again. Damn people are quick with their replys. :)

Also about campaigning against the drugs has been done and still is going on. Problem is that usually these campaigns are not based on truth and are highly exaggerated. People are smarter than believing in such a lies without finding information by themselves, rather than adopt "truths" which are spoon fed to them.

To give you an example: the only ingredient for wine is fruit, of any kind. Ferment the fruit, filter it, done. You cannot snap your fingers and make alcohol go away.

Xtreme

shaska's bff
Everytime governments attempt to ban something, it will inevitably surface in the blackmarket. If not, you should expect massive and rather violent protestations from the public. I'm not in favor nor am I against drugs etc. People should always be given room for choice, but must be monitored if things get out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.