Is Tribes Ascend Worth It?

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Apparently the devs said that there would never be any modding for TA. Of course, they said that about hitscans for things like the AR ;)

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Stop hoping. The "test driver thinger" that he wants so much has also been in game for several builds already.

ocarina_boy

Tribes Ascend is not worth the money in it's current state. Get a beta key. Pay later when it's good, if at all. Probably never. Legions lol.

woodstock gold on a thursday night lol

Pure

I played a couple of games and CTF is Team Deathmatch everybody duels and crap and from a team of 12 or how many there are, there will be maybe 6 that play how they should. Not worth buying BUT worth TRYING

RiPTaCk

CoD4 and MW2 were complete and utter failures. They just suck. It was the loadouts and killstreaks that killed 'em, along with the weak community >< Developer team relationships; otherwise, they were fine.
Either this is packed full of irony which I am unable to see or you live in a completely different world.

On the other hand, I hate the dev/community interaction. The community is horribly disrespectful and the devs don't listen. Bad combination that will cause itself to continue unfortunately and will negatively impact the development of the game

It seems in fact that the Tribes developers have money(assuming they do) they could use money to help to develope the game but as you guys said (some of you) the developers don't listen, as I could understand, the community is disrespectful. If Tribes got shut down for a year or two like legions did :( and the developers ran out of money and most of em went to skateboard shak. One:
Community : Angry ( some would be sad)
Legions: Yesh! Dump the left overs on us ^.^

If tribes had returned however (with no financial flow) they can't continue what they did before theyw ould have to listen to the community after all,
no community = no game.
So it seems to me the less money the developers of a game has the more they have to interact with the community. Just like legions. we have a good community (most of it) Devs who listen and try to do as we ask ( FOR FREE)
It seems the difference betweent ribes and Legions
Tribes: More people play
Legions: More balanced community
Legions: Dev's listen and try (but of course they have lives:mad:)

So well ;3. Legions Ftw that's all I can say.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Whenever I login to *Tribes: Ass-End* I enjoy it, and the patches that are being released do seem to be based on community feedback.

skypredator

Idk, mortar doesn't seem that bad anymore. The SR in T:A is just a campfest thinger. You want my flag? Uh-uh, I don't think I want you to do that. -Snipes from across the map- Seems I've said all I want to say ::[leaves conversation] = true;