Idea's that could happen in the future for Legions overdrive.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Based upon what we've learned so far with LTS, adding stat tracking+ranks is about 1700 lines of code. Achievements are something like 800 on top of that IIRC.

MightySheep

pls dont try to add any thing more to the game , i beg you!

i like legions and it very much depresses me when I log in to find im a raider, loadout button is stuck behind options button for some stupid ass reason, i eventually manage to click the damn button and i see some derp ass menu made by a reject who didnt attend his lectures on GUIs, I select all the weapons and *chocolate cookies* I want but then I find that my sentinel is unable to even overdrive and apparently my favorite weapon has been NERFED

dont even get me started on that random ass circle icon in the top left that doesnt seem to do anything, OR the dreadful new maps

gg legions was fun while it lasted

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
You're against the development of this game?
Unless the Developers make an update public, how can they find out what the reaction of the community is. Not every update will be an outcome of your mind-map, which is why the forums are here. When the update was pushed to 'Public Test' you should've made your opinion heard, which you didnt.
So, dont go ahead and start making harsh comments at the one who designed the GUI, or nerfed your favourite weapon when you didnt say anything to oppose it at first.

Xtreme

shaska's bff

i like legions and it very much depresses me when I log in to find im a raider, loadout button is stuck behind options button for some stupid ass reason, i eventually manage to click the damn button and i see some derp ass menu made by a reject who didnt attend his lectures on GUIs, I select all the weapons and *chocolate cookies* I want but then I find that my sentinel is unable to even overdrive and apparently my favorite weapon has been NERFED

dont even get me started on that random ass circle icon in the top left that doesnt seem to do anything, OR the dreadful new maps

AfgzL.jpg

clearly you're an asshole, your feedback is not welcome here

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer

The issue with the loadout button being stuck behind the options button is a problem with you trying to play on a really low resolution. Maximize the window or use fullscreen.

As for the loadout menu itself, sure, I may not think it's the most beautiful thing ever, but it works.

You have to bind cores separately. It should work with the OD button, but something must have gotten bugged. I'm assuming this will get fixed.

Seeing as how I coded the "random ass circle icon," I know that it does actually do things. Try using a different core. With OD it doesn't do anything yet, but future versions will have it doing things.

And I'm assuming you're referring to the nerf of the plasma or mortar, both of which were needed, so...

Mots0311

I know We've had the "Rank" discussion before. Let me try once more & see who would agree with my Opinion which I doubt. For my reply to your Post.
That is why it Depends on how you would reach that Rank. Maybe Points from CTF Gameplay has a better approach to Ranking up then TDM. Ive seen Players that have played this game for a long time, and still has not been noticed as a Good player (Internet issues, Ping, Problems, Etc). Ranks would give the Player more of a goal to do a better job, Almost the same as KDR (Kill, Death:Ratio). Not just to play the game for fun, but to also have an Objective to Play the game even more. If "Ranks" gives the Players more of a "Bragging right" then let them be, Better to make Players Confident don't cha think? & Would it be difficult to add Ranks? ( Btw, Im not trying to make this a COD-Like game.) I just think that it would be more fun to have Ranks and knowing "I need to Play more and Own more to get that Rank I want." Player's already brag in this game. Lolz

I like what Skepsis is saying here and I guess I'm not totally opposed to ranks. Perhaps the ranking structure would mean something if you actually have to perform to certain levels. I'm not a big time gamer, I have played COD a little and was afraid the ranking structure would be similar here. Perhaps if you can perform certain manouvers or have made a certain amount of long range MAs that would count for something. It would have to be in PUGs and real gameplay, not two guys go to an empty server and take turns shooting each other. Real promotions for real actions, not something like get promoted to Corporal for nade jumping 40 times or something.
There is the consideration as Skepsis mentioned that some people are at a disadvantage due to ping problems or slow computers. But, life is never fair and it seems impossible to balance everything out for everyone.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
In LTS at least you can't do that. It is score based, but score is only calculated by being in an actual game on an approved server.

Defender

I love all the ideas for new stuff, but are there any plans to fix or rework the wacky FMod audio engine?
Some sounds in Legions, have awfull distance attenuation.
I notice this problem mostly with sounds used for weapons, and explosions.
Its hard to tell if a guy is shoting a weapon near you, when you hear everyone firing from far away.

I asked a Legends the game Dev about this sound issue in Legions, and this is what he said about it.

http://legendsthegame.net/forums/showthread.php?p=25323#post25323
--------------------------------------------------
ilys
Bug Fixer / Troll

They use FMod as their primary audio engine, which frankly has awful support for distance attenuation. It also looks like the Legions devs have stripped out support for OpenAL and DirectSound, as well as a lot of the standard sfx functions for enabling and tweaking attenuation, roll-off and doppler.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
I love all the ideas for new stuff, but are there any plans to fix or rework the wacky FMod audio engine?
Some sounds in Legions, have awfull distance attenuation.
I notice this problem mostly with sounds used for weapons, and explosions.
Its hard to tell if a guy is shoting a weapon near you, when you hear everyone firing from far away.
I've noticed that with the skybolt, other people using it can sometimes sound like they're right next to you.