Idea's that could happen in the future for Legions overdrive.

Xection

- More weapons of course.
- Skin mod feature in game, to switch out of instead of closing and reopening the game.
- Allow us to create a game with who ever's maps.
- More type's of character's instead of the three same ones.
- Friend list.
- Enemy list.
- Chat in the lobby to discuss what game to go to or about clans and etc.....
- Ranking
- A type of Rank symbol to specify what rank you are.
- Private messaging in lobby.

Now then, lets discuss how this would be like.

Dino

Aha you get influence points to spend on weapons and skins and helms and stuff and credits to buy them aswell which you would pay towards legions so basically

Money = Credits = Items,etc = Money For legions to stay alive

Xection

Don't really need money to buy all of that stuff....

Just make the friend list and stuff on the game and that will be it.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
- More weapons of course.
- Skin mod feature in game, to switch out of instead of closing and reopening the game.
- Allow us to create a game with who ever's maps.
- More type's of character's instead of the three same ones.
- Friend list.
- Enemy list.
- Chat in the lobby to discuss what game to go to or about clans and etc.....
- Ranking
- A type of Rank symbol to specify what rank you are.
- Private messaging in lobby.

Now then, lets discuss how this would be like.
1. Such as...
2. I don't really understand what you want here. Being able to choose your skin is planned.
3. You already can. Just download that map, modify a few files (or download Disaster's script which will do it for you)
4. With cores, why is this necessary? You have three armor classes. What more do you want?
5. This would probably be more likely to be done via script than anything else. Wouldn't be hard though I wouldn't expect.
6. See above.
7. Go on IRC or TS3
8+ No comment or see above

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Aha you get influence points to spend on weapons and skins and helms and stuff and credits to buy them aswell which you would pay towards legions so basically

Money = Credits = Items,etc = Money For legions to stay alive

You're new or a noob here aren't you? I can tell.

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
Ranking part would be nice :D
They'd probably lead to unfair differences amongst the community itself, and the ' Oh hey, I'm a higher rank than you' ego going through the roof.
As I believe you have already created a thread in relation to this 'ranking', and a couple of the responses it triggered:
I wouldn't expect any ranks or "unlocks" that change the balance of the game.
As a horrible casual player, this idea is very bad.....Giving titles and rewards to the good players will only segregate the population further.
Lets not turn this game into COD, and have twats thinking there better then someone cos there of a higher rank. Ranks determine skill my ass

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
Well four classes were planned before, the 4th being a sort of engineer class. So that might possibly still live with the hinted upcoming features, go on TS3 or IRC for literally all the rest of your suggestions.

And ranks are a bad idea.

Application-1

test bester
1330579192482.gif

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
I wouldn't call them fluffy. And without authentication by the game itself, there's no way around doing it locally without getting your own server which dramatically increases the complexity of everything.

Defender

Just a few little things I just thought of, that are not to complex-ed to add I'm guessing.
1# I would like to see copy and past functionality added to the in-game chat box, like tribes2 has, its handy some times.
2#I would like to see server game scripts version or game version, listed in game server list, like Legends the Game, has.
3#I would like to see a load screen, when connecting to a server, that will let admins displays info, like they can in the welcome message.
That way they can give links to download custom maps, they are running on the server and more.

I

IzRaPiDz

Ranking would be very nice and like Xection it'd be nice to see more game characters. Have you though about having a in-game mic communication thingy?

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I wouldn't call them fluffy. And without authentication by the game itself, there's no way around doing it locally without getting your own server which dramatically increases the complexity of everything.

After userbased stat tracker, guess you guys better get working on a server based one :p

Mots0311

I've never understood the need for ranks? I think its more of an issue of serving peoples vanity and so called "bragging rights." If you want respect earn it on the battleground let your reputation be your rank. When I see HadesRevenge or Hannibal coming at me I think " Oh crap, I'm gonna get chained like a big dog". That says more than some artificial rank that can be earned by grinding your way through games, it also would cause a lot of folks to neglect the game while they focus on accomplishing some task to reach "SgtMajor" or something.

Skepsis

I've never understood the need for ranks? I think its more of an issue of serving peoples vanity and so called "bragging rights." If you want respect earn it on the battleground let your reputation be your rank. When I see HadesRevenge or Hannibal coming at me I think " Oh crap, I'm gonna get chained like a big dog". That says more than some artificial rank that can be earned by grinding your way through games, it also would cause a lot of folks to neglect the game while they focus on accomplishing some task to reach "SgtMajor" or something.

I know We've had the "Rank" discussion before. Let me try once more & see who would agree with my Opinion which I doubt. For my reply to your Post.
That is why it Depends on how you would reach that Rank. Maybe Points from CTF Gameplay has a better approach to Ranking up then TDM. Ive seen Players that have played this game for a long time, and still has not been noticed as a Good player (Internet issues, Ping, Problems, Etc). Ranks would give the Player more of a goal to do a better job, Almost the same as KDR (Kill, Death:Ratio). Not just to play the game for fun, but to also have an Objective to Play the game even more. If "Ranks" gives the Players more of a "Bragging right" then let them be, Better to make Players Confident don't cha think? & Would it be difficult to add Ranks? ( Btw, Im not trying to make this a COD-Like game.) I just think that it would be more fun to have Ranks and knowing "I need to Play more and Own more to get that Rank I want." Player's already brag in this game. Lolz