i noticed that i need to work on my movement

Mots0311

I used to think the same thing back in the IA days. But I found it all has to do with subtle movement using momentum. Most of the time while dueling I didnt realize I was holding the space bar down longer than needed . Conserve energy and make your opponent react to you.

Someone mentioned downjet, but no one said how to actually do it, so...
Hold down Shift while right-clicking will allow you to fall faster than usual, so you can gain some extra speed at the cost of air time because you're using up jet energy as you hold the Shift key. Best used when you're falling onto a downward slope.
Downjetting also allows you to maneuver quickly in battle, so you can fall faster than your opponent thought you would, and therefore take less damage because you'll be a distance away from the rocket/grenade that's sure to come (you'd be up in the air again when you're hit by the explosion).
When playing Light Offense at the enemy base, it's good to use the terrain to your advantage. Note the ledges outside the top of the base. If you're spamming rockets into their base, it's a good idea to almost always land on the ledges, so that people inside the base can't harm you unless they come out, and if they come out, they aren't defending the flag. But once they DO come out, being on the ledge makes you an easy target, so get outta there.

P.S. Please use commas and periods.