i noticed that i need to work on my movement

jeffjn

some people move really really fast with out using overdrive or going on a hill and accelerating downwards they fly higher longer is there a reason why that is is there a mod on energy bars and how long you can stay in the air or is there a trick to doing this

Propkid

It might only seem like that at first. Everyone flying up so high for so long. There are some 'tricks', but they mostly make you lose some of your health. Rocket Jumps and Frag Combos can get you up higher and faster, but for a price. Other than that it's all about going downhill and such.

A2

Get on an empty server and roam around a map. Find the slopes and use them You'll know how good you can get then. :)

discord

Private Tester
I have some videos of pickup games up on my youtube channel. They are from chaser perspective mostly, so if you want to watch them you will see a good deal of cappers' routes and some of the more direct and cutoff routes that I am running to catch them. Older recordings, so there won't be any of the grenade jumping that you see going on today, but the general ideas remain the same and they are all on the maps considered to be the most fun. (Frost/Zenith)

There's quite a few capping videos as well that will help you learn to ski like you are describing.

http://www.youtube.com/user/discordlegions

If someone could provide some of the capping videos for him it would be greatly appreciated!

Propkid

Once you feel more confident about your skills come back to the forums/IRC/TeamSpeak and ask about PuGs. You might like organized matches

MJ1284

You can also ask on Pubs if someone is willing to teach you movement, if you spot some friendly face from forums ingame they'll gladly show you tricks of trade if you ask them politely (ie. not in "I wuna l2ski teach me plz!!!" way).

Abandoned

Momentum, if you jet up on the way going up-hill, you'll get more height. This height will give you time for the fall, by then you'll stored up some energy.

Synista

Since no ones mentioned it... DOWNJAT is how I get my speed, I downjet on every hill, but you hve to work on energy management to master downjetting and upjetting perfectly to obtain optinum speed, best thing in my opinion is a good old game of Rabbit! :D

Vinzyboy23

Since no ones mentioned it... DOWNJAT is how I get my speed, I downjet on every hill, but you hve to work on energy management to master downjetting and upjetting perfectly to obtain optinum speed, best thing in my opinion is a good old game of Rabbit! :D
Same here, but you can fall and gain speed without using jet