I need to get better

Freeman

RAYTANG
To become a better defender you need to learn how to cap/LO. To become a better capper/LO you need to learn how to play StayD/HoF/Chaser.
You really just need to know how to duel to play sah. i play that position all the time, and it doesnt help me with capping or LO.

Disci

Old man
You really just need to know how to duel to play sah. i play that position all the time, and it doesnt help me with capping or LO.

So... You're saying, that stopping cappers is not a job what SaH's do? That's cool, buddy. Also how often do you pay attention on cappers who are setting up back cap routes when your flag is not home? Chain grabs are pretty annoying and effective I've heard.

Freeman

RAYTANG
So... You're saying, that stopping cappers is not a job what SaH's do? That's cool, buddy. Also how often do you pay attention on cappers who are setting up back cap routes when your flag is not home? Chain grabs are pretty annoying and effective I've heard.
never said that. to be a good sah, you have to be aware of your surroundings and have good flag awareness. I hear i play the position pretty well, and capping doesnt exactly help.

and usually, its the chaser and hof who block cappers. sah can help, but they have to kill the LO.

Disci

Old man
Sorry, but I think you don't understand. You get to see how good offense plays and that way you're able to adopt their playstyle. If you see someone pulling nice chain grabs and you had no idea they were coming, you might think it's a good tactic when capping. It's quite simple.

Abandoned

Playing the new Rabbit gamemode is a good way to increase your chasing skills.
TDM is great for increasing duel abilities.
CTF is where you test them out ;)

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Like others already mentioned, I'd suggest IRC, PuGs and TS3. Every form of "coordinated" gameplay should help you to get better, even if it's just a short "Hey guys, I'm currently in server xyz, would anyone like to play a bit with/against me, show me some routes, [insert stuff here]" etc. etc.
And yes, I mostly posted to get that link off. I have to think of that song every time I see this thread.

GoodJobDino

Like others already mentioned, I'd suggest IRC, PuGs and TS3. Every form of "coordinated" gameplay should help you to get better, even if it's just a short "Hey guys, I'm currently in server xyz, would anyone like to play a bit with/against me, show me some routes, [insert stuff here]" etc. etc.
And yes, I mostly posted to get that link off. I have to think of that song every time I see this thread.
Awesome. I have been in ts3 and irc a few times. haven't been able to participate in a pug yet though. Probably won't today, work 4-10