Huge Update Around the Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defender

Back in the tribes2 days, We had a large coding community that had good scripters like Panama Jack.
We can't expect the Dev team to code everything for us.. Legions players need to learn to code, mod, map, model, skin, and more.
The Dev team gave us access to the source so we could code are own mods, admin mods, or what ever..

I found Panama Jack, hes still around and making games now.. ;)
http://forums.aatraders.com/viewtopic.php?t=3701

xlr8434

Back in the tribes2 days, We had a large coding community that had good scripters like Panama Jack.
We can't expect the Dev team to code everything for us.. Legions players need to learn to code, mod, map, model, skin, and more.
The Dev team gave us access to the source so we could code are own mods, admin mods, or what ever..

I found Panama Jack, hes still around and making games now.. ;)
http://forums.aatraders.com/viewtopic.php?t=3701
Defender if you or anyone can teach me how to code I'll do it I really want to learn!

Defender

Defender if you or anyone can teach me how to code I'll do it I really want to learn!
Its not easy learning to code for some, After 10 years of modding tribes, Then later this game, I should be darn good at it, but i'm just not. :confused:
The way to start learning is to just read all the code you can, start editing it and ask for help in the coding forums at GarageGames.com
I will be happy to try make some simple tutorials on adding new weapons, deployables, cores, after the next big update.
My Legions mod Total Meltdown has a lot of new stuff and code you could mess around with.
I plan on fixing any issues it has and updating it after the next big patch..
http://forums.legionsoverdrive.com/threads/total-meltdown.4400/

Defender

Can't. It has content not made by the devs/owned by IAC. If he were to remove the custom content, we could then at least talk about adding them.

My map DangerousCrossing-Snow_v01, has no custom content..
I still need to smooth the terrain a lot more, but its got potential.
My new blackspace map does use a starfield I did not make..
Easy fix, I will make my own new custom starfield using Spacescape.

3lionz

Legions Developer

k e v i n

Private Tester
No, not on the drawing board.
IdeasToPaper1.jpg

Defender

I don't like having a level up or point system for the engineer, or any armor to be able to access stuff.
Planetside, was big on having it for everything. It would be nice if you added a server option to disable this..

3lionz

Legions Developer
I don't like having a level up or point system for the engineer, or any armor to be able to access stuff.
Planetside, was big on having it for everything. It would be nice if you added a server option to disable this..
My guess is that you will be able to change points, level on start of map and what deployables are available. (Maybe even make your own.)

Maybe.

Bestking

My guess is that you will be able to change points, level on start of map and what deployables are available. (Maybe even make your own.)

Maybe.
I guess if we could make deployables, after Legions is on Steam, we can get those deployable into Steam Workshop.

Defender

I guess if we could make deployables, after Legions is on Steam, we can get those deployable into Steam Workshop.

Maybe it would be smart to have a version of Legions that runs with out steam like we have now, if possible.
I don't know much about steam, but having those soon to come advertisments and all that corperate crap don't sound vary good in the long run..

Royalty

The Aussie
Maybe it would be smart to have a version of Legions that runs with out steam like we have now, if possible.
I don't know much about steam, but having those soon to come advertisments and all that corperate crap don't sound vary good in the long run..
I totally agree with this. Legions definitely should be available on steam, however it must also be available as it is now (stand alone client). People on Steam should also be able to play with those using the stand alone client and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.