Huge Update Around the Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robot0011

hoe le shet. One question. I want to keep the nice UI I have right now:
Screenshot_37.png

it will still be possible, riiiggghhhhtttttt?
is that the new hud or is it yours?
I wantz :3

Battelstar

Nice work!

This question might be a bit too early, but in case Legions goes on Steam, will there be a "steamrelease tournament" or something like this?
Imo this could be a good way to advertise the game if you stream/record some "highlight matches" (In7, Zeta, Void, ?fi/null ;) ) for example so that the people can see what you're able to do with legions if you play it serious, what potential Legions has!

If there's nothing planed and/or the developers have no time to organize something like that but like the idea I'd try to get some experienced players together to organize and make this happen :)

57thEnryu

is that the new hud or is it yours?
I wantz :3
uuuuuuuummmm, well the velocity thing is not mine, its located here: http://forums.legionsoverdrive.com/threads/mirai-hud.3413/
the health energy bars are mine........I suppose I can upload them later....

Frankly all of the things you see are a collection of various mods that I edited some code on (both the mod code and game client side code), then made the pictures to make it work for my screen/resolution.

Tell you what, later today I will make a tutorial on how to edit the in-game UI (positioning, image sizing, etc.) in which I will lay out step by step how I made this UI

This question might be a bit too early, but in case Legions goes on Steam, will there be a "steamrelease tournament" or something like this?

tell app to keep an eye on his inbox ;)

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
The best thing about this update is that it is bringing everyone together, newbies and vets alike, old faces reemerge and when they do not, new ones take their places. I look forward to the new influx of players that steam will bring, and I look forward to seeing it on the new releases page on steam.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
Nice work!

Imo this could be a good way to advertise the game if you stream/record some "highlight matches" (In7, Zeta, Void, ?fi/null ;) ) for example so that the people can see what you're able to do with legions if you play it serious, what potential Legions has!

If there's nothing planed and/or the developers have no time to organize something like that but like the idea I'd try to get some experienced players together to organize and make this happen :)
Don't worry Battle, maybe we'll let you beat us once this time. ;)

Crisis12096

Shield Core Question(s)

From the looks of the pic that was posted, the bubble affect (I don't really know what else to call it), will be active and visible at all times when the core is active. Is this the case, or will it only appear you get hit (like the Tribes 2 shield pack)?

The bubble looks kind of big in my opinion, and way too visible. Will there be any options to reduce the size/visibility of it? It'll still be the same size and look the same to everyone else, but I'd like an option to reduce the overall effects.

Now, the most important question. Maybe I misread the blog's description of it, so I want to clarify. It doesn't look like it'll affect base regen while on the ground at all, if you aren't jetting and just sitting on the ground energy regen is fast. So, one could toggle it off and be at full energy in a second, right? Will anything be added to reduce base energy regen with it? It's possible I'm overestimating the core itself and this won't even be an issue, but I'd like to make sure. I have plans to use this a lot, in fact I probably won't touch a different core ever again or at least not for a long time.

How will the numbers work out? A direct rocket hit on an outrider reduces it's health to 26% health. Will a direct hit on an outrider with a shield core activated reduce it's energy to 26%?

It wouldn't be an understatement to say I'm obsessed with this core because of my love for Tribes 2 shield pack (and I'd like to think I was pretty damn good at it). Anyhow, I'm excited about the update, the blog is looking great.

Status
Not open for further replies.