Helping new non-english speaking Legions players

DOS4/GW

I've seen a few new players show up these past few days, which is great. Unfortunately, some of them speak very little English.

Legions is hard enough to learn even with the help of other players, guides and tutorials. I'd really hate if if some of these players quit playing due to a lack of help.

If you speak any languages besides english, and would be willing to help some new players, please reply below. Hopefully we can get a good sized list of people who we could refer these new players to if they are having trouble.

Thanks.

A2

Yes I do like this idea very much. I just have a couple of doubts. Are you focusing on help in-game or forum wise?
Maybe both, so in case of that, I suggest a thread or maybe a small section especially for non-English players to communicate and post their problems. This has been suggested before but as DOS brought the topic up, I posted it.

Disci

Old man
I speak sawo. Anyone in here who wants me to teach things in sawo let me know so we can begin with it.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
[...] I can do Italian if there are any native Italians playing Legions (I doubt there are any, but you never know :p).
Might be an idea to have a look at the european part of the community. There are quite a few, =THE_TROOPER= for example being one of them. ;)

I myself could (and do) help out German speaking players, but usually their English is quite fine.

MJ1284

I can speak finnish (and very poor swedish, jag talar inte flytande svenska/jag är inte så bra i svenska). Other than that I'm afraid I can't help.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
To be honest, most of the players in Europe can speak English pretty well since they are taught it since day one. The languages that might be most important as time moves on is more on the Asian Region.

MJ1284

To be honest, most of the players in Europe can speak English pretty well since they are taught it since day one. The languages that might be most important as time moves on is more on the Asian Region.
That's very convincing coming from someone who has english as native language. Not everyone can speak fluent english even if they were taught english, don't take it for granted.
I'm not trying to argue here, just saying that not everyone can speak english well enough.

That said, would it be possible to have people make different language versions of Legions? There's not really that much text to translate when you think of it.

Mahidhar

Lol. Now that I think about it. My whole team is like an universal south-eastern Asian language guide book.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
That's very convincing coming from someone who has english as native language. Not everyone can speak fluent english even if they were taught english, don't take it for granted.
I'm not trying to argue here, just saying that not everyone can speak english well enough.

That said, would it be possible to have people make different language versions of Legions? There's not really that much text to translate when you think of it.

Yarr, Just my observations though. I could be completely wrong, but most of you speak it better than half my classmates at school.

Good plan. Though there won't be technically not much to translate until you get ingame tutorials and such forth.

Propkid

<- Polish native and quite a bit of Russian. Also IMO the languages we need the most are Spanish, Italian, Russian and Polish in more or less this order.
Ah, and I'm +1

Raul-or

Creo que una buena solucion es crear foros en español (o otros idiomas), debido a que la gente ve a los foros como un "sitio de ayuda".
Me gustaria mucho ver mas gente que hable mi idioma.

please traduce this