Hand Grenade Update on Public Test Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ter

At least put that they flag carriers cant throw grenades for the first 10 seconds that they have the flag :D

Jack

I used them on routes - e.g. FB beta front route to back, then nade jump, instead of getting OD'd or disced on the ground. And there was always the possibility of a nade jump; I'm amazed how limited use they get.

Again, all of these problems of 3-button passing, double nade-jumping, and too easy to hit combos are solved by making it much more difficult to hit the nade; make it as difficult as the T1 grenade. Opens up skill differential and doesn't get abused.

Rather than making up flag hands, inserting timers (how do you know when you're allowed to toss), and limiting FC's capabilities (if a 30 second timer gets added, good luck on standoffs where 2 out of 3 people can't combo on defense, and 5 offense can).

OR, make it so the flag doesn't get boosted in the air by grenades (if possible), killing off 3-button combo.

pwood026

This game needs an easy mode. I have other things to do other than practice Legions for hours per week, just to be able to play without dying every 10 seconds. I love playing Legions, but virtually the only people playing anymore are just so ridiculously 1337 that it's not even worth it for me to try to work up to their level. I miss the old days where there were some uber-players, but also a good batch of medium-level players as myself as well on most servers so that I could get in and feel somewhat awesome for a couple hours on a Saturday afternoon as opposed to logging in to try a new mod and realizing that everyone else has already implemented it in their favorite combos. I'm OK with that for an hour at a time, but I can't really suggest this game to friends anymore (even some fairly die-hard gamers) because there's no real documentation on anything other than ski/jump/shoot.

I don't claim to have worked out a flawless solution... just count this the pebble to start another ripple in the pond.

Society

This game needs an easy mode. I have other things to do other than practice Legions for hours per week, just to be able to play without dying every 10 seconds. I love playing Legions, but virtually the only people playing anymore are just so ridiculously 1337 that it's not even worth it for me to try to work up to their level. I miss the old days where there were some uber-players, but also a good batch of medium-level players as myself as well on most servers so that I could get in and feel somewhat awesome for a couple hours on a Saturday afternoon as opposed to logging in to try a new mod and realizing that everyone else has already implemented it in their favorite combos. I'm OK with that for an hour at a time, but I can't really suggest this game to friends anymore (even some fairly die-hard gamers) because there's no real documentation on anything other than ski/jump/shoot.

I don't claim to have worked out a flawless solution... just count this the pebble to start another ripple in the pond.

ahhh just because of that post I'm willing to take it easy in pubs instead of trying to win all the time. But how many folks you will find here that generous ? Anyways the only solution to end this misery is to have a ranking system which will have servers for vets and another for new bloods. Like separate them because trying to balance this game for complaining pros will just make the new blood life more difficult and uninterested in playing anymore. I don't think its fair, not at all.

Redvan

Private Tester

Most things in L:O don't take hours to practice to get competent with. Easily the hardest thing to learn is MAs. But you can learn basic energy management and cap routes quick quickly. Take a look at the Helpers thread to see what names to be looking for in game. You can generally ask any one of them for assistance in anything from dueling to capping. Doesn't take hours once you get pointed in the right direction ;)

It's not that we need an easy mode for people to learn the game, just some assistance.

Immanent

this bad 1st u cant nade jump to get to the base faster after u caped 2nd the flagcarrier has a big disadvange in dueling he cant combo

To be honest, comboing is the last resort in duelling, so if you are about to die, you may as well toss the flag, instead of going for a lucky gamble. IMO more skill in duelling.

Abandoned

Not sure about you guys, but how you guys complain how easy it is to frag combo, I'm still practicing the max-tossed frag combo; seems VERY useful in duels - something I need.

Jacks

...*chocolate cookies* Update.
1)flag carriers can't fight whit combos. (big *chocolate cookies*)
2)every noob can chase a capper (big *chocolate cookies*)
3)llama cap is now complete usefull... (*chocolate cookies*)
4)work on plasma gun not on theese stupid things...
this update is a BIG COMPLETE *chocolate cookies*.

Don't Update that.

I Know,My English Is A *chocolate cookies* Too

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
...*chocolate cookies* Update.
1)flag carriers can't fight whit combos. (big *chocolate cookies*)
2)every noob can chase a capper (big *chocolate cookies*)
3)llama cap is now complete usefull... (*chocolate cookies*)
4)work on plasma gun not on theese stupid things...
this update is a BIG COMPLETE *chocolate cookies*.

Don't Update that.

I Know,My English Is A *chocolate cookies* Too

Oh lord. Just, so so wrong there.

MJ1284

Thing is there won't be new batch of medium-level players if there's only big scary mofos on each server scaring off newbloods. While I'm not voting for player ranking system I think that after watching Public games over a year it's about time to do SOMETHING about teambalance. Here's some things I've noted in Legions:
a) Legions community is small
b) It will stay that way if there's no major changes
c) small number of highly skilled players = elitism -> elitist community = not appealing to masses

Judging from latest Livecast there will be some new roles & deployables & gadgets "coming soon" to make game have more content and to make it more lenient toward newbloods, some form of "engineer" (or "turret monkey" as some T1 vets refer) would make game easier for newbloods to get into. Feel like you're inadequate base defender? Keep your team's inventory stations & turrets running! Feel like you're no good at chasing? Lay down some deployable turrets on capper routes! <- I don't know what you think but to me it seems hella lot more useful than "I dunno how to play so I'll just pick LR and O Snipe other team from 2 km away, if I'm lucky I'll scrape off some paint from Sentinel's armor!".

* Sorry for being offtopic

I Know,I'm *chocolate cookies* Too
Fix'd.

Draconator

This is bad.

Indeed, this is bad.
If the carrier won't have the ability to throw grenades so the chaser might overcome the capper by them and that will make the chaser overpowered.
It's like the same that I'll say no overdrive for the chaser or for the capper.

the-champ

This update isn't going too well amongst the community..quite a few people don't like it...
So what will happen?

TwistedDemon

Private Tester
Indeed, this is bad.
If the carrier won't have the ability to throw grenades so the chaser might overcome the capper by them and that will make the chaser overpowered.
It's like the same that I'll say no overdrive for the chaser or for the capper.

Except a good capper can outrun nadejumping chaser even without nadejumps and there's always the opportunity to use regular rocketjumps that boost you. Right now capping is just silly easy as you can just llama the flag with 50mps-100mps and then nadejump yourself into going 150mps+.

phanakapan

Private Tester
I don't see why its a big deal to not be able to nade jump while capping. You already have a huge advantage over chasers in that when you touch the flag you are moving and they are standing still. The faster you're moving the bigger the advantage. The only people complaining must be llamas, since the only real use for nade jumping with the flag is when you have no speed and need it quickly and this only happens if you are llamaing or you *dance* up a route or get body blocked. In all instances you should be at an inherent disadvantage to the defender. So what's the problem?

I would also to point out that this change opens up the possibility of a whole new skill. now if you want to nade jump with the flag you will have to toss it, wait for the offhand cooldown, then nade jump and catch the flag. would be pretty sick.

The7thFlame

This is a BAD IDEA. Flag carriers need to be able to defend themselves with the same tools as everyone else.

This seems to be done to stop lama grabs???? So why not just make a mandatory speed to grab flag??? I mean this seems to be the really reason for this push.

Don't take away or reduce game options because people complain. If anything just stop nade boosting, make it non explosive my being shot at. Don't give others an unfair advantage.

Basically the comment about helping defense catch up does not make sense. If a capper comes in at an very high velocity he can get out with the flag.

If a lama goes in, he literally is moving slow enough to get shot at at least 5 times from the team, if he manages to grab and nade boost out he should be congratulated, while the defending team should be smacked for poor defense.

Please remove this nerf and put it back to normal.

SOLUTION - After a person lama grabs the flag they cannot use nades for 5 seconds. 5 Seconds is a very long time, and this will allow them to use nades to defend themself later. It helps to reduce that instant lama and boost jump, while allowing the user to still use nades.

It requires extra programming but is a good compromise.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
SOLUTION - After a person lama grabs the flag they cannot use nades for 5 seconds. 5 Seconds is a very long time, and this will allow them to use nades to defend themself later. It helps to reduce that instant lama and boost jump, while allowing the user to still use nades.

It requires extra programming but is a good compromise.

Not a big fan of this idea, here's an earlier explanation why:

I think that'd be a confusing mechanic. Imagine a new player grabs the flag, unable to throw hand grenades at first, then is able to throw them again? I dunno, I'd find it confusing.

The mentality with the hand grenade/flag is that they're both held in your offhand. So if my offhand has my flag in it, it makes sense that I wouldn't be able to use my other offhand items (ie: hand grenades). I think that's easier to grasp than 'perimeter zone where I cannot combo'.

I think this change should promote more teamplay (ie: flag passing, guarding the carrier, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.