Hand Grenade Update on Public Test Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Doom Of Neroflame

would it be possible to make a safe spot say when flag carrier returns to a perimeter of the friendly base the nade combos could be switched bck on whilst holding flag?

Propkid

this bad 1st u cant nade jump to get to the base faster after u caped 2nd the flagcarrier has a big disadvange in dueling he cant combo
Meh, now stuff has become more awesome :]. While in the air, maxthrow the flag above you, frag combo the enemy, catch the flag again!

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
would it be possible to make a safe spot say when flag carrier returns to a perimeter of the friendly base the nade combos could be switched bck on whilst holding flag?

I think that'd be a confusing mechanic. Imagine a new player grabs the flag, unable to throw hand grenades at first, then is able to throw them again? I dunno, I'd find it confusing.

The mentality with the hand grenade/flag is that they're both held in your offhand. So if my offhand has my flag in it, it makes sense that I wouldn't be able to use my other offhand items (ie: hand grenades). I think that's easier to grasp than 'perimeter zone where I cannot combo'.

I think this change should promote more teamplay (ie: flag passing, guarding the carrier, etc).

Society

Oh wait it makes perfect sense now because one hand is in a weapon and another is holding the flag !!! But still I do not like this idea. Simply because It makes the defense job more easy. But o well.

Society

But you must understand , in games certain elements will have its flaws. Besides the fact that one can nade jump twice the flag carrier is now in a critical state (LO's job to take him out). Also the flag carrier is unable to use nade combos to defend him/herself which is a major disadvantage. Its not the flag carrier fault that the defense is distracted ( Even on an E-grab ?) thats part of the game.

People will always llama no matter what. Unless you can only grab the flag at 80 mps , but how you would be able to E - Grab right ?

Synista

I love it, you see the typical llama nade jumpers, the pick the flag up and then you see them prepare but then they're like "Osh*t! I'm done!.." and boom and I'm just like :cool: Yeaaaa you can't do no bullsh*t now can ya!?

I want it live please and thankyou :)

Karnage

Private Tester
People will always llama no matter what. Unless you can only grab the flag at 80 mps , but how you would be able to E - Grab right ?
Yeah that's something that has often bothered me too. I was just thinking though, that is might be an interesting idea to have a sort of flag console where you can lock the flag. It could be somewhere else in the base (in the tunnel on Nivo/Moonshine/Gorge etc. and perhaps in the ammo station area on Core, and so on). That way the potential llama first has to unlock the flag before he can llama it. E-grabs are still then a possibility. He can get his buddy to unlock it too of course, but at least then it's team work and seems more like a strategy. I can envision some fun tactics. If someone overdrives they have enough force to undock the flag and if they are going faster than 88, same thing. Don't laugh at me, thanks. Just putting ideas out there but have no idea how practical they are or how easy/difficult to implement.

skinnyman

maaann :(... i loved the nade jump from the base with the flag looll... this will kinda give the advantage to chasers =/....the nades could also be used to protect ur self from them.

People will always llama no matter what.

Only way to stop people from llamaing the flag is to make it so you can't travel slower than 88 meters per second, or, everytime a new player joins the game, people would need to immediately drop what their doing and help him learn to go fast enough to not llama the flag.

but how would you be able to E - Grab right ?

Only ways i would think possible would be regular rocket jumps of picking it up and throwing. Rocket jumping out is o.k. but doesn't give you as much speed as you need to make it away before the other team can just easily ski down their front hill and catch you in 3 seconds.

The grenade jump is a very useful tactic in e-grabbing. Llama'ing and nade jumping may still be a llama grab, but in CTF sometimes it can be the difference in a win or a loss.

I vote no on this change. Sorry.

Redvan

Private Tester
But you must understand , in games certain elements will have its flaws. Besides the fact that one can nade jump twice the flag carrier is now in a critical state (LO's job to take him out). Also the flag carrier is unable to use nade combos to defend him/herself which is a major disadvantage. Its not the flag carrier fault that the defense is distracted ( Even on an E-grab ?) thats part of the game.

ahhh yes... somebody that understands!

To those who complain: Wanna qq about llamas? You're the one that let the literally walk away with the flag. How easy is that to stop?

If they llama and get away, it's not their fault. It's not them that's a "bad player". And should they chose to double nade jump away, they'll be nearly dead enough for even the worst LO to sweep up.

EDIT: woot my 100th "like" \o/

I would like to thank Rock for pushing me to the next level of "like" greatness: "Seriously Likeable"!

rock

what if the flag carrier had a cooldown for nades the moment they grab the flag to anywhere from 30secs+
would eliminate cowboy nade-llamas from being so quick and random, but not totally cripple the capper when not on a picture-perfect distracted 250 route with no chase <3

Chasing! Now even made easier!

Chasing is made easier against llamas, that's about it. It's the same it was before against cappers doing routes. I mean, who used nade jumps on routes? And even if they did, rocket jumps can replace nade jumps just as easily. The only thing this stops is mad crazy llamas who can get out of the base like they were on a route the whole time.

I definitely support this update, but it needs to go farther. Combos are OP for one thing (no aim required for any shot upwards or downwards, HUGE radius, easier than MAs with almost as much damage). They need to be tweaked somehow to where it requires more aiming precision and skill. And of course, the offhand needs a timer so they don't nade jump the flag. Honestly, I can't believe that wasn't included in this test in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.