Goodbye Atlas and Prometheus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixious

Test Lead
finger1.jpg

Defender

Check them out http://www.nfoservers.com/order-virtual-dedicated-server.php
VPS servers start at 29.99, and they have good support.
Two day free trial.. I am running windows server 2003.. The remote desktop feature in windows works great.
Only hard part about setting up a Legions server, is uploading the game files. You don't need to include the live folder.. I was unable to use the Legions Launcher to install the game on the server, video issue.. We need a web installer like Legends the game has. Or it would be nice if there was a server.zip of the game with only the files needed to run a server, and also include a server dedicated run link or .bat.. They have a donation system for clans, or what ever...

thefulishbastid

So's hows this supposed to work out for us casual gamers who don't get invited to hang out with the cool kids?

And how come I still don't have the required artwork to play even though I dl'd the new version?

Immanent

Inb4 unorganized asian players' whine, cos they can't host themselves...
Stop being insensitive, this isn't the place to say that. A few Asians have already tried, get your facts right.
Edit: On a more appropriate note, GOD SPEED ST3LTH! (pls no low ping hacks :p)

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
It was bound to come to an end with the low activity, and funds running out.
So's hows this supposed to work out for us casual gamers who don't get invited to hang out with the cool kids?
Try by communicating with these 'cool kids', go on ts3 more often, familiarise yourself.
And how come I still don't have the required artwork to play even though I dl'd the new version?
You're using the live client to join the public test would be my closest guess, when the launcher loads, switch to public test, and update it.

Karnage

Private Tester
Yeah, I also pinged more in Singapore than in the US. Japan was nice but there was never anyone on it.

GReaper

Grumpy
If someone is really keen and wants to run another server in the same location (either Tokyo or Singapore) from Amazon EC2, you can find more details here.

Running a single server costs somewhere between $30-$35 a month if you use a spot instance, however the main risk with spot instances is that if too many other people want servers up and running at the same time - your server will be shut down unless you're willing to pay extra to keep it up and running.

If you give me access to the AWS control panel for your account, I could get the server up and running in a similar way to how Atlas and Prometheus were running - mostly automated.

At this point it's over to you guys to decide what you want to do for players in your region.

GReaper

Grumpy
As I mentioned to St3lth yesterday, Linode is the other cheap option which I can trust for hosting a cheap server in Japan. The lowest $20/month package should easily host a single server, maybe two. Just have to ensure the game servers are restarted daily to prevent any memory leaks killing the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.