General Core Feedback

I've been using the shield core to chase since it's the most efficient to get from one place to another with least damage with the fastest speed. Thing is, since the energy/thrust is being drained, it's hard to use it efficiently and takes some skill - you'll have to actually wait until one second is left of the shield and then 'nade/rocket boost so you can balance the regeneration of energy with the drainage. I've also tried a good amount of successful routes with it, only activating it on the ground since energy will be dramatically decreased when used in the air.

I think it's efficient enough and provides a strategic way of activation as the other cores do.

Poponfu

Lead Developer
Regen chase is pretty fun , many boosts.

What would be better for the shield if it were to stay near is instead of the hold to activate thing: Going to 3 activation / 5 second cooldown ( from 2 / 6 ) ? or lessening its energy drain half or so while active ?
( would gain slowly )

Maxter

I played in all 6 PuGs that happened this morning, and I have to say, I've seen the Shield Core being used maybe once or twice. The way it is right now, I'm not denying it's usefulness, but I seem to feel that it's just not worth the Core Slot, atleast compared to the others. Also, other than capping, there aren't many scenarios where you can work with it. If I am fighting an opponent with the Shield Core, he won't surprise me or turn the tables if he were to use something like a Dodge or Regen.

As for capping, I'd rather carry an Overdrive core or a Warp just incase I see an opportunity to pull off something different(cappers have to adapt and evolve ofcourse). As I said, at this point it's not really the core's usefulness that matters the most, but about what core is worth my Core Slot.

We tried to do that regen-heal the HoF while playing Stay-D, just didn't workout. The enormous amount of time it would take to heal the heavy, not to mention the miniscule amount of health the HoF gains(25 points for a 200 max health is almost negligible) is not worth the risk in a heavy stand off situation. Would be much effective and worth it if heavy gains 25% not 25 points.

OBLIVION

I have to say, the shield core is not bad, the dodge core on the other hand is just outright ANNOYING i know this sounds like im complaining but im not, all im saying is that there is TOO much spamming of it. Its effective(yes) but for a 1 on 1 that's just wrong.....Its very annoying how many people spam it now and how you cant even get a decent 1 on 1. Regen is fine no, is it spammed too sure but not as much.

Fixious

Test Lead
Welp, shield needs buffing.

34503379.jpg