Explosions in the Sky - A Legions Movie

MJ1284

i used fraps to record. i play on a laptop with a max resolution of 1440 x 900, but for me to get the 25 fps i need to make a video you can actually watch i have to play at 1280 x 800 and i have to fraps at 640x400. its crappy quality but its the only way i can do it.

Note that recording softwares such as FRAPS tends to eat lots of CPU power, so better rig you have, smoother gameplay you'll have with FRAPS running. After getting new computer I managed to crank recording resolution to 1680 x 1050 with 60 frames/sec but I dare not set it any higher (I occasionally get choppy playback on video editing softwares when I use this resolution, might be better to manually lower resolution on each clip).

@skypredator:
Best advice I can give is to try out different settings and look for settings that'll provide good enough video quality without hammering your ingame framerate below 20 (trust me, it gets REALLY frustrating trying to play video games that are slideshows).

Poponfu

Lead Developer
This usually helps get 5-10 fps with fraps recording

Set fraps to its own core and legions to another using ctrl + alt + del and right clicking under processes and set affinity.

MJ1284

This usually helps get 5-10 fps with fraps recording

Set fraps to its own core and legions to another using ctrl + alt + del and right clicking under processes and set affinity.

I recall Daph saying Legions isn't well optimized yet (probably ment that Legions can't utilize dual/quad core processors to their fullest), I haven't tried that trick but it makes sense.
Regarding video editing, I recommend setting processor affinity to one or two cores if you're having trouble with overheating, while encoding goes slower your computer is only using one core to it's fullest and doesn't generate quite as much heat either.