Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahidhar

"All donations from the community will go directly to maintaining the servers and the operating costs associated with them."

What if we choose to donate for a particular server, which we'd like to see, up and running? I live in Asia, and I'd be more than welcome to donate every month to cover a fraction of the Asian server cost. Hence, although it'll be a sort of encouragement for the development team, me, donating towards the the upkeep of US and EU servers, is just inappropriate.

GReaper

Grumpy
Keep your money safe for a time when we're absolutely confident on being able to provide a server in your region. We've made it clear on the donations page where the money goes for this exact reason.

We want to be sure that a server can be supported by the players which will use the server before starting it. Please try and get enough players together on a forum thread saying that they'll contribute to the running costs of the server first, and then try and find a suitable host for us.

Jedired1

If there a way to pay by mobile because that would be so much easyer!!! i would donate every week if i could by phone

"All donations from the community will go directly to maintaining the servers and the operating costs associated with them."

What if we choose to donate for a particular server, which we'd like to see, up and running? I live in Asia, and I'd be more than welcome to donate every month to cover a fraction of the Asian server cost. Hence, although it'll be a sort of encouragement for the development team, me, donating towards the the upkeep of US and EU servers, is just inappropriate.
Keeping alive the euro ans us servers is as important for you as for the EU and US players. If the devs are not able to keep alive either of those two(most of the community is stationed in those regions), legions will not be lasting much longer. The most important thing is to help the devs to keep legions alive, not to make sure there is a server near to you.

Darklord

Private Tester
If there a way to pay by mobile because that would be so much easyer!!! i would donate every week if i could by phone
I would be shocked if there isn't a paypal app if you are using a modern phone. If you have an iPhone or an Android, you are set.

Mahidhar

Keeping alive the euro ans us servers is as important for you as for the EU and US players. If the devs are not able to keep alive either of those two(most of the community is stationed in those regions), legions will not be lasting much longer. The most important thing is to help the devs to keep legions alive, not to make sure there is a server near to you.
I disagree. I will not donate for the game, just to see strangers having fun and put up serious competitive play, while I suffer with high ping, losing my own interest in the game. Most of the community you're talking about, are kids/freeloaders who never take out a dime. My only interest, is in the game and to play it without too many hurdles, is my purpose. I've already stated, that donations from my region, may only be useful for the encouragement of this project, nothing more. Whether or not, Legions lasts forever, I still say, that donating for a server which we're not going to use, is absurd.

Omegas

I disagree. I will not donate for the game, just to see strangers having fun and put up serious competitive play, while I suffer with high ping, losing my own interest in the game. Most of the community you're talking about, are kids/freeloaders who never take out a dime. My only interest, is in the game and to play it without too many hurdles, is my purpose. I've already stated, that donations from my region, may only be useful for the encouragement of this project, nothing more. Whether or not, Legions lasts forever, I still say, that donating for a server which we're not going to use, is absurd.
But the thing is that it takes time for these things to progress...if you were to donate money along with other contributors then progress will actually be made.
All you need to do is ensure that they will be working to expand on areas such as yours.
But I do understand what you mean by the absurdity of paying for the welfare of others rather than yourself, I'd say that they should make some progress in Asia as well as the US and EU but I doubt that would happen soon since atm they're trying to ensure that the server's they have are kept running...they don't have what they need to help just you, that's kinda why they're notifying us about donations...

A2

And also, only if legions can gain progress with the current servers, there will be more chances for Asian/Australian servers to be set up.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
If you'd like to give a monthly donation, bud, then "reasonable" is "whatever you can easily afford and feel is appropriate." But thanks; it's mighty nice of ya.

Jedired1

I really want to pay but i cant if there no way to pay by sms
i dont have a good phone - aka iphone <---- my thing is a little tiny useless phone

Voltz

Ok I tried to donate with Visa but got stuck when filling out the "State" box. I live in Ontario and my state wasn't listed there. I tried registering with Paypal but it didn't accept my Canadian visa. Pretty annoying! I'll try again later.

Status
Not open for further replies.