Did i do the right thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disci

Old man
@Armageddon,

practising reasoning with kids, eh?! Skypredator is 14 so that's almost as young as your own kid. ;)

Propkid

@Armageddon,

practising reasoning with kids, eh?! Skypredator is 14 so that's almost as young as your own kid. ;)
Hehehe using him as a punch bag equivalent for arguing with kids :D

My, oh, my.

Skypred, I won't repeat what others have said. I'll just say that this is not a 'share the story of your life' community. If I was you, even if my mother really had the access to those files, even if I've been going through the same problems as you (whatever they were, I just couldn't be bothered to read more about you) I would never ever bring it up in an argument. Hell, I'd never dream about bringing it up on these forums. Your personal life story has no right to be an argument, especially considering that your 'life story' is about twice as short (and thrice as boring) as of some of the people you are arguing up against in here.

I won't even say that they've been through more and they know better because that's not the main issue here: the issue is that you are not rational in your argument; you're being emotional. The fact that you use yourself (and your top-secret files handling mum) in your arguments renders them simply invalid and that's it. Everyone can use themselves in an argument; I'm not implying that you are lying but such arguments have no credibility whatsoever.

EDIT: So don't be surprised that we're having a little giggle at you once in a while :p

Dacil

Do not threaten people on this forum because you're extremely defensive for whatever reason (a lot). The point he presented was a legitimate one.

I have to disagree with this .... he does bring up good points, but I'm talking specifically about gheist's second post. He definitely assumed (I'll talk about myself since I can't for others in this instance) that I "patted" his back without bringing up the situation he's been in...what he failed to think through completely, is that in my instance, if I bring up his situation, it will expose parts of my life I do not ever want on here (which I saw propkid going into, though I only agree with parts of what he said) which is why I did not explain why I'm "patting his back." Hope that makes sense

Disci

Old man
Bringing this up here is the biggest '?' which, imo, makes this very awkward in the first place. Then is the age difference. You just can't agree it was a good thing to do when you have no facts to base that to. If she's living with her mother and situation is not as it should be in a normal family, I bet she doesn't get the attention she needs. So many '?'s' here, which doesn't allowe you to give any real advices to the OP. When you look at it this way, Skypredator's "it's black and white" statement is far from the truth. That and the fact that he is 14 years old makes this particular debate useless.

DKnight556

I agree with arma. Always check to make sure that what people say are true before you screw with their lives. I have many friends who when 16 would get many bruises because they were clumsy as hell.

skypredator

So if I'm 14 I'm automatically known as "stupid"?

Aw, thank youuuu! :)

As Dacil said, Gheist doesn't seem to see the point.
Sure, most of my posts were made last night in anger and frustration, but quite honestly this whole damned community hasn't shown any leeway when it comes to different ideas or ways of doing things. Like Italy i the 16th Century.

Except we don't have any major reformers, sadly... :(

DKnight, I'm pretty sure that if someone says their life is in a very dangerous situation, you have to trust them; see, a lot of people today just don't understand the power of words. We joke about a lot of stuff. Sure, Maddog left out a lot of details, but he did so for confidentialities sake. On another note...

1.) He left out names. This means he wants to keep information-giving at a minimum, just enough to reach a verdict on his actions.

2.) Although some of you may think that those of us who told him he did the right thing were wrong to do so, because we know nothing of the situation, you're in the wrong as well. You know no more, nor any less than we do, thus, our opinions may only be based upon the evidence we have. Maddog... Well, he advised this girl to call CPS; you have no idea what Maddog may have left out for confidentialities sake, so please, don't be quick to ridicule those of us who believe he did right. :)

Although I do admit, my next door neighbor (Who lived with her sober mother, and her drunken father had split) WAS a nasty liar. Very sly. But that doesn't change my opinion - for now.

[Edit]: Arma, Disci also says there are lots of questions and "what-if"s. I never said Maddog actually SAID she was contemplating suicide; I was merely wondering. :confused: And strife...:( I know, as far as your first quote/reply thingy.

No one believed me. o.o

Disci

Old man
So if I'm 14 I'm automatically known as "stupid"?

Aw, thank youuuu! :)

Did I say you're stupid? Where? Anyways the age factor comes along just because you don't have the life experience. You might not put weight on it now as much as I do, but I can tell you you will when you grow older. That's all I have to say and I will not touch this thread any longer. It's silly and I pointed out the reasons why think so.

skypredator

This thread towards me = Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.

I dunno what I meant by "Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh", but w/e. :D

This "particular debate" has been backed up by whatever evidence Maddog has chosen to affiliate with, well, his doing in this matter. The having been said, there's nothing else I or you have left to use in order to help our opinions/thoughts, but I will have you know that although I am only 14 I know what abuse feels like.

Don't believe me if you like. Abuse sucks.

It makes you want to kill yourself.

And as of now I still believe he did the right thing. See, if she were telling the truth, well then, Whoop-dee-doo, those two kids are safe; if she's lying, however, well, she'll be found out and and justice shall be dealt. :)

And I know this forum isn't "TrueLife" or something. I'm bringing up *painful* memories of my past to let you know that I know a little bit about this. ._.

On another note, if the majority of the Devs/Private Testers stopped replying with "You're stupid", or "Stop posting, you jackass" like posts, and picture books (I swear you guys post so many images I could make a novel out of them :D), perhaps I would be a little more respectful towards them. Just a thought.

Propkid

DKnight, I'm pretty sure that if someone says their life is in a very dangerous situation, you have to trust them
From what I see so far 14 year olds tend to overdramatize.

Oh, and please stop mentioning that he left out the names!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!x100 Nobody cares or disregards or criticizes that he left out the names. It's a DUH! obvious thing to do when talking about such things on the Internet.

When we say that we don't know enough about the situation to judge it we don't mean that we'd like to know the girls name/address/whatever (hmm, Alison, I don't like that name I bet she's lying :p). We say that we'd need to know more about the situation which has nothing do to with the 'victim's' confidentiality.

You know no more, nor any less than we do, thus, our opinions may only be based upon the evidence we have.
According to your silly argumentation you are just as wrong as we are. Therefore I recommend you stop arguing.

Oooh, and I hope this is your face now,
fresh_duh_2.jpg

but 14yr old of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.