Custom Legions Soundtrack and Volume Preferences

Status
Not open for further replies.

57thRomance

I think we should have at least some kind of flow animation in the background to fit with the music, or maybe even small clips of gameplay on the title screen. Seeing just a still image of the Legionaire makes the music feel out of place.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
I already read the blog, but what I really meant to say that they need return first some key things like character selection and player hosted servers... and only after then the new stuff... Because if they'll focus on releasing new stuff only, they might forget some basic old stuff.
As Gheist said, we have a guy who makes music who made music. He doesn't work on art or code, so when he was done we put it out there. It didn't take (significant) dev time from anything else. We can not release these kinds of updates if you want. :p

Armageddon

Teapot
I already read the blog, but what I really meant to say that they need return first some key things like character selection and player hosted servers... and only after then the new stuff... Because if they'll focus on releasing new stuff only, they might forget some basic old stuff.
What gheist is saying is read it again. Or understand that coding development time was not used on the current update. They have a person who's sole focus on the legions project is in the sound department, and he/she has released something for their contribution.
Also don't forget the new volume controls, they are great.

Metreon

I like it, and didn't have that bug where the music keeps playing show up at all. I'll see if I can make that happen and determine the cause (if this has been done already, do let me know.)

The presence of music gives the launch menu a more polished feel for sure.

The song's good too, kudos to the dude who made it. For the record, I did replace it with Leather Rebel off Priest's Painkiller album, but that's just because the metal makes me mighty. :mad: <-Brootalface

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
After not hearing sound on my computer after so long (sound card was busted) the music was a godsend. I think it perfectly fits legions. After playing with the volume controls, they don't add that much in reality. I'd rather see a popout menu where you can change the volume of certain effects (weapons, overdrive, jets, etc).

MJ1284

I think we should have at least some kind of flow animation in the background to fit with the music, or maybe even small clips of gameplay on the title screen. Seeing just a still image of the Legionaire makes the music feel out of place.
If devs figure out how to implement picture slideshow/background video I'd be willing to make background video.

Daharka

What is the eventual music style of legions going to be like? I like this kind of electronic/industrial style, but I also think that the metal used in some of the videos works curiously well. Also electronic with a bit more 'funk' would work pretty well, like this.

Synista

What is the eventual music style of legions going to be like? I like this kind of electronic/industrial style, but I also think that the metal used in some of the videos works curiously well. Also electronic with a bit more 'funk' would work pretty well, like this.
You must be trolling...... :)

D

Doom Of Neroflame

is this ment to happen...my music volume acts like a master volume reducing the sfx of weapons OD ect?

edit
actually they all act as a master volume?

zwidow

and why don't add a switch for turn on/off the music? Instead only the volume regulation.
It actually continuous play also in game many times btw..

Status
Not open for further replies.