Could we FINALLY get the dang Votekick already?

MJ1284

I'm still nagging about this, no Votekick makes me unhappy.. logging on to irc & complaining gets boring real quick, especially if no moderators are awake.

57thEnryu

yah, we need a votekick option for when there are no admins around, cuz I don't see there being many admins selected. lets see, were a community of about 200, assuming we have 1 admin for every 20 or so, well have 9....

57thEnryu

Ooh, what about a thing where if a person tks more than once a banner or something appears over their head so we can identify them. then we could all gang up on tkers XD

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
or an autokick function. Lots of games (such as Urban Terror) have an option for servers where you can set a certain amount of TKs before they get kicked from the server. Set it to five and that would allow for mistakes and only a few minutes of irritation from a deliberate TKer. Fighting fire with fire never works with TKers I've found.

57thEnryu

thats true, Ive been killed a few times then killed the tker like 6 times so he couldn't kill anyone else and he would leave, and I got kicked.........fail

Mabeline

God-Tier
I've also thought about punish/forgive systems, automation is the fail though - not happening. We'll see when I write the administration facilities. Please stop making threads about this.

Ah I remember the old Admin system in IA :)
Failed very nearly completely for the Aussies, as no admin would ever be awake during the best gaming hours.
Eventually we convinced someone to make Fraggis an Admin, but they never got around to coding his name in. :(
Ah well.

I thought this was a game created by the community, win which case these issues need to be addressed
They Are being addressed, but in their due time. What Mabel is saying is that when they get up to writing the admin facilities, they'll work out what the most viable solution is.

MJ1284

I've also thought about punish/forgive systems, automation is the fail though - not happening. We'll see when I write the administration facilities. Please stop making threads about this.

Ah, fine. Just wanted to make sure that the imbalanced teams issue, which plagued most of Public games, is being addressed to. I'm sure you'll deal with it the way you see fit.. my curiosity is sated and I have nothing else to say, feel free to lock this thread.

Mabeline

God-Tier
I thought this was a game created by the community, win which case these issues need to be addressed
I was asking people to not make duplicate threads about an issue I addressed elsewhere. Of course we are aware of the problems of the game. Many of them would have been fixed had we been able to update the game on IA more often.

Ah, fine. Just wanted to make sure that the imbalanced teams issue, which plagued most of Public games, is being addressed to. I'm sure you'll deal with it the way you see fit.. my curiosity is sated and I have nothing else to say, feel free to lock this thread.
Pubs will probably not allow you to imbalance the teams by more than 1 person. A rebalance/shuffle vote is also trivial to add.

57thKB24

It is also hard to give everybody the authority to kick players, there are players who kick players with no particular reason.

57thRomance

Maybe we could have some kind of system like the World of Minecraft servers where you need to work your way up to getting the privilege to kick/ban.
And if you're going to do anything, please try to avoid the good/bad karma stuff. Personally I'm not a big fan of that system.

Karnage

Private Tester
Ah I remember the old Admin system in IA :)
Failed very nearly completely for the Aussies, as no admin would ever be awake during the best gaming hours.
Eventually we convinced someone to make Fraggis an Admin, but they never got around to coding his name in. :(
Ah well.
People in Asia = same problem.

Peroxide

or an autokick function. Lots of games (such as Urban Terror) have an option for servers where you can set a certain amount of TKs before they get kicked from the server. Set it to five and that would allow for mistakes and only a few minutes of irritation from a deliberate TKer. Fighting fire with fire never works with TKers I've found.

Actually I disagree because some people practice and they hate traveling far across the map just to practice everytime they die.So I agree with the vote kick idea :D