Could we FINALLY get the dang Votekick already?

Hypnotoad

I do think autokick would be the best way to go about it. In other games I've seen manual votekick get abused too many times. Whether it be an accidental tk, a player dominating the game or not doing too well. If it is to be manual then the option to votekick should appear within a certain time frame after a player is tk'd.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Guys, if you see posts by users with red names, and that catchy title "Legions Developer", you should read them carefully. They usually know what they're talking about. ;)

ikke2902

I do think autokick would be the best way to go about it. In other games I've seen manual votekick get abused too many times. Whether it be an accidental tk, a player dominating the game or not doing too well. If it is to be manual then the option to votekick should appear within a certain time frame after a player is tk'd.
I agree with this, maybe is it an idea to show how many tk a player made.
After 6 tk's, a votekick can be started against the teamkiller.

Hypnotoad

Guys, if you see posts by users with red names, and that catchy title "Legions Developer", you should read them carefully. They usually know what they're talking about. ;)

Totally missed those posts. Will take more notice in the future :D

eldermimmmi

At first I was begging for the vote kick too, but as I know from experience vote kick fails horrible.
In other games (Crossfire, CS:S) I get kicked off 10% of the parties because "eldrurimmimi is a haxxor, cheater, hackernoob,hacksor,waller, aimuser". Although in Crossfire the vote kick has to be launched by a teammate, there is limited votekick (1 Votekick per player per game) and player in the party can decide against kicking the player, this kind of democracy still seems to fail.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Also, in PUBs the votekick can be abused just to kick unhelpful players. This is why I would rather have an autokick feature for TKers.

Hypnotoad

At first I was begging for the vote kick too, but as I know from experience vote kick fails horrible.
In other games (Crossfire, CS:S) I get kicked off 10% of the parties because "eldrurimmimi is a haxxor, cheater, hackernoob,hacksor,waller, aimuser". Although in Crossfire the vote kick has to be launched by a teammate, there is limited votekick (1 Votekick per player per game) and player in the party can decide against kicking the player, this kind of democracy still seems to fail.

Exactly my experience with Americas Army, the constant votekicks, not only on myself, put me right off it. Even for such trivial reasons like if another person had the weapon they wanted to use, a votekick would be initiated, pathetic.

MightySheep

yeah this is important, it's so easy to ruin games currently and theres nothing anyone can do about it

not only do tkers need kicking but damn rabbiters and occasionally llamas who just dont stop llamaing

+1