Choose your own respawnpoints

Would you like to select your own respawnpoints or do you think it is useless/ ruins the game?

• Yes, i want it

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • No, it's useless

Votes: 29 50.9%
  • to complicated for the devs, they should do more important things

Votes: 16 28.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dimitryy

I would like to select my own respawnpoints at each map and choose them ingame with the keys 4-9.
3 other keys would need to be added to add a respawnpoint or to delete one
maybe O to open a list of your respawnpoints, than select the number you want delete/add and do it with K/L.
If you die you press one of the keys to sleect your respawnpoint ... if you havent selected one you get a normal random place.
Possible respawnpoints should be within a radius of 20m to 150m or 300m (depending on the map) around (or only behind) the flag, so you cant respawn on the flag, close to it or in the enemy base :D.

It would devide the team up into offence- and defence-positions and we would have better strucutred games (hopefully).
Also it wouldnt take ages to climb the hills around the base at gorge to start a caproute ...
and as HoF you would spawn near to the stand :)
all in all everyone would have more time to play the game insted of skiing to a place where you can start playing or do the thing you want to to (HoFing, capping, chasing etc.)

A2

Good idea. But I mostly see this of use for the cappers. i.e. they can respawn on the tower/bridge, where they can get enough height for their cap (if such respawn-points are there). For defenders, I really don't think it's that necessary. But again that must just be me. =)

Nvidia

I don't think that we need that. It's just a waste of time for the devs. If you got a good respawn place - you're lucky if not - bad for you. Just take it like it is ;)

Dimitryy

you get bad respawnplaces at gorge 90% of the times .... and that totally sucks
i do frontroutes on gorge most of the time because its faster, and i hate it to waste my time to get the right startposition for a route at gorge, core, and zenith

also, many ppl stopped running sideroutes because someone with a frontroute or a llama grabs the flag before them ....
as i already said, i would love to choose my spawnposition :)
but i know it not urgend neccesarry and the devs wont spent their time on it :(

Homingun

Being able to select your spawn point would be quite helpful. The devs could either do this or just make the spawn points better. In a game such as Legions, leaving less elements up to chance would make the game better.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
It's not like it would really require a lot of code. It's just gonna be an RNG by default, so brining up a menu with various spawn points would be helpful. Of course, I'd prefer to see this where when you are about to spawn you have a map of the field show up with allies and known enemies marked as well as critical game elements (bases, flag, etc). This way would also satisfy those who want a map of the game you can bring up. Personally, I really would like to be able to pick it but if we had it, I'd prefer it be on a map or not at all since I can make do without a particular spawn point but if the map was added, it would give the defense (and cappers if there is LO at the enemy base) a tactical advantage. Without the map it would just be really meh looking and wouldn't help that much. So I'd vote map then manual spawning, but of course before either of these things, I'd vote cores and base assets.

I choose my respawn point on the Enemy falg! ...Wait...

I vote no, it would take more time to respawn and choose a spot than it would to just respawn and move to that spot.

ryan770

It could even be worth adding a new mode of play for. Could be modeled after the old star wars battlefront stuff with command post type things. I'm thinking the towers in Nivosus/Moonshine would be capturable and you could respawn from them if you had them in possession. This would change the gameplay, especially in the very beginning instead of mad rushes for flags, and it would spread the defense out some too.

Id like to see it tried out at least to see if it works ok.
I vote no, it would take more time to respawn and choose a spot than it would to just respawn and move to that spot.
Not close enough to being true to be even funny. I would be selecting my spawn point twice for each map (one for alpha/beta) and then never again so as long as this setting is saved its instant.

I am definately for this, it speeds up the game play. I cant begin to express how painfully stupid I think it is for HOF to spawn on the ground for Niv and Moonshine,(which happens about %70 of the time some games) technically its not even spawning at you base.

Yes it makes life easier for defenders but same applies for capers. Id like to see it at least tried and if it makes it to hard for cappers then remove it, I cant see it being very difficult to implement.

At the VERY least make hof spawn at only High points! NOT on the ground nearly 10 secs of jetting away from the action FFS.

Tho I know Mabel wont be into it

Vox

this would be useful but however the spawn points should be limited to the base and a certain area around the base not too far

Mabeline

God-Tier
This doesn't fit into the flow of the game at all and produces some very boring and spammable things (everybody choses the front right/left of the base and the hof spawns 2 feet from the flag). To add a feature you have to make it relatively abuse-proof, and this just doesn't cut it.

Binswees

This doesn't fit into the flow of the game at all and produces some very boring and spammable things (everybody choses the front right/left of the base and the hof spawns 2 feet from the flag). To add a feature you have to make it relatively abuse-proof, and this just doesn't cut it.

Just change / remove some of the lamest spawn points then?

only1Bravo

Private Tester
The relative randomness of the spawns is part of the game. It's price you pay for being killed or committing suicide.

It also opens the map up more -- forcing cappers to (usually) use routes that are suited to whatever point they happen to spawn at, rather than always running the best route(s) from their favorite spawn point.