Choose your own respawnpoints

Would you like to select your own respawnpoints or do you think it is useless/ ruins the game?

• Yes, i want it

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • No, it's useless

Votes: 29 50.9%
  • to complicated for the devs, they should do more important things

Votes: 16 28.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Braiken

respawning is a gamble in a certain way. you might spawn in the perfect location or you might end up on a bad one and I like it that way. Though adding the option to choose your respawn location means less randomness which can mean theres more skill involved in the game (by skill here I mean you know where do you need to respawn). Still I prefer it the way it is.

MJ1284

I'd say no because people would abuse the OD + Rocket Jump + Throw flag towards your base more often.

While occasionally it might seem nice that you could affect where you spawn it would make stuff like flag return harder than it needs to be. Imagine yourself dueling with flag carrier where you barely win, the flag flies off a little distance and the same person who was flag carrier spawns RIGHT NEXT TO IT with full health. I don't know about you but I feel cheated whenever that happens, imagine how often this situation would occur if everybody could choose their spawnpoint.

wrongfully voted option2:No, it's useles
but i really want to chose mine it's a great idea
cool.png

Heartsong

No, no, no, no.

My current biggest complaint with the game (outside of it not being finished) is the extremely small penalty for dying/respawning. It takes less time to respawn than it does to regenerate your hp to full from half. People would just start hitting suicide whenever they were pulled out of position, completely secure in the knowledge that they'd pop up right where they need to be.

It ruins the one relative downside that spamming respawn has.

Homingun

No, no, no, no.

My current biggest complaint with the game (outside of it not being finished) is the extremely small penalty for dying/respawning. It takes less time to respawn than it does to regenerate your hp to full from half. People would just start hitting suicide whenever they were pulled out of position, completely secure in the knowledge that they'd pop up right where they need to be.

It ruins the one relative downside that spamming respawn has.

Yup

I'd say no because people would abuse the OD + Rocket Jump + Throw flag towards your base more often.

While occasionally it might seem nice that you could affect where you spawn it would make stuff like flag return harder than it needs to be. Imagine yourself dueling with flag carrier where you barely win, the flag flies off a little distance and the same person who was flag carrier spawns RIGHT NEXT TO IT with full health. I don't know about you but I feel cheated whenever that happens, imagine how often this situation would occur if everybody could choose their spawnpoint.

The source of this has more to do with the quick respawn times.

Homingun

The relative randomness of the spawns is part of the game. It's price you pay for being killed or committing suicide.

It also opens the map up more -- forcing cappers to (usually) use routes that are suited to whatever point they happen to spawn at, rather than always running the best route(s) from their favorite spawn point.

It would be better if the opposing defense being able to stop a certain route forced me to change things rather than some random spawning. Speaking of price for being killed or committing suicide, respawn times anyone?

Lin

I agree with hominggun and heartsong. Respawn times are short as it is, and precision spawning would be yet another buff to the defense.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
The spawning system works well as is, in my opinion, since it is a fast game. However, if it is decided to have precision spawning, I think a map with the different spawn areas shown would be the best way to do it. Onslaught in UT works that way with a map of all the powernodes, and then you spawn at one of those that you click on. Instead of powernodes, it would be the spawn areas in your base. If a game mode gets added that has midfield bases, then I can see the spawn locator/selector system being used for that, because players might want to be able to spawn midfield, since that would be the point. However, for the way the game is now, I honestly think its fine the way it is. With gorge, there's the jump pads that are quite useful for getting started on side routes, and it really doesn't take that long to get into position, that being the beauty of legions.

ryan770

The bases wouldn't be capturable in my idea, just the middle towers and maybe a few other spots in nuetral territory, but none too close to the flag

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
that's what midpoint bases are, smaller bases that give you midfield advantages and assets. However, if you're going to have spawn points there, they should be capturable, so that you have to work for the advantage.