Buy-able Armor and Items and Money System.

skypredator

Wait... Legions is still owned by IA? At least that's what some people have been saying, though IA has been shut down. The devs could make money to fund Legions by turning Legions into a pay-to-play game. In other words, you'd have to buy Legions for, say, $20. In all honesty, that's the only way the devs could turn a profit from Legions, and I don't know who owns what here.

Fixious

Test Lead
I've been in the IAC building and I never knew it. V.V Thanks for the info! Now, if IAC owns Legions, they should be able to cough up some cash for funding, since it is their property, after all. *Hint* *Hint*
They'd have no reason to fund Legions, since they wouldn't make a profit off it. They'd be better off selling it to another company.

well if they won't make a profit of it they might sell it to the Dev team for cheap
donations might be enough if it's not that cheap
and they need to wait till tribes ascend is released to see if it's a fail in legions term

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
There is no real reason for a company to sell such things for pocketmoney. Especially if it has potential future value.

DMGED

Here's my chance to opine, once again. Fudge IAC. Legions is so much better in a folder on my desktop than in my browser.

I don't know anything about how Legions came to acquire a license to develop further, but perhaps it isn't the worst idea to see about going further and gaining full control. Before it's too late...

Like Rockey said, it is a problem if the game can't make money. I'm not worried about the future of new features, as much as they are needed. I'd rather know there's going to be a solid future for the game, in the first place.

Back on topic: Customization can be important for making the game as personable and inviting as possible to new players. I want to be a chick, I want to change the color of my trails, I want to change the color of my laser, etc. I'd also like these customizations to be seen by every other player. I don't think adding stupid accessories and armors and helmets would be anything other than a facade. It never works for me in any other game. It's trying too hard and getting too little satisfaction. A few simple color changes (lasers, trails, etc) and different playable models would be fine. It works well in Quake.