Buy-able Armor and Items and Money System.

Vinzyboy23

Back in IA you could buy skins, helmet, voices and stuff in Legions. I think it's possible today because we'll be having customizable loadouts and stuff. And it will be easier than random skins and armor.

But, do you guys have an idea for the money system for these? Yeah, it may be not possible but I think the way you will be earning money is based on score. And that could be a piece of cake for pros.

Armageddon

Teapot
Back on IA you had to use real money to buy the named items, I'm not sure the new development team is allowed to make a profit from the game since it's under licensed from IA.

Also Inventories are in the works so this idea probably wouldn't work with those.

Vinzyboy23

Back on IA you had to use real money to buy the named items, I'm not sure the new development team is allowed to make a profit from the game since it's under licensed from IA.

Also Inventories are in the works so this idea probably wouldn't work with those.
Yeah, it wouldn't.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
There's no plan to make armour and items purchasable. Personally, I'd rather the community have access to all skins, helmets, voices, or "stuff" and be able to create their own skins and whatnot (which is something they can already do).

I would like to see some sort of 'paper doll' screen where they can select what skins they want to use, per armour type, as well as define headpieces, glamour pieces, etc; Which is, probably safe to say, on the drawing board.

I do like the idea of an achievement system and glamour system. Say, if you earn a certain number of achievements you can open up a special title or badge on the forum/account page. As for any gameplay unlocks (ala weapon upgrades, energy upgrades, etc) I am not in support of. I'd like to keep player progression and success based on skill and not some sort of leveling, or grinding for better gear-style system.

DKnight556

I support seymore on this measure. IA crashed because no one wanted to buy the armor, it did nothing to improve the game. Keep it free and just keep sending in donations for the servers.

Disci

Old man
I support seymore on this measure. IA crashed because no one wanted to buy the armor, it did nothing to improve the game. Keep it free and just keep sending in donations for the servers.

rofl.gif

MJ1284

Do a custom Seymour voice pack or a sexy skin for the donatersss

I heard a rumor that Super Deluxe donators get slideshow of Seymour in skimp costumes accompanied with "I'm too Sexy" by Right said Fred.

... chances are I'll never afford it.

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
going on the vanity items idea (which i like)

maybe you should go the team fortress route with unusual hats and add some cheap/cool effects to armour as well, but it would need an option to globally turn them off.

maybe some styled armour as well, you know with spiked shoulders, ect.

Fixious

Test Lead
going on the vanity items idea (which i like)

maybe you should go the team fortress route with unusual hats and add some cheap/cool effects to armour as well, but it would need an option to globally turn them off.

maybe some styled armour as well, you know with spiked shoulders, ect.

It'll have to be free, actually. The devs can't make money off of Legions.

RainPilot

stinky bear
I like the idea of gaining exclusive items like voice packs, skins, and maybe something like a screenshot of a new map/weapon only when you donate X amount of money. Maybe something resembling the PBS shows?

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
Well screenshots of something are useless, seeing how you can just repost that screenshot... Vanity items, as mentioned above, would be awesome, but they shouldn't be priority, considering that they have little/no value in-game.

Armageddon

Teapot
Well screenshots of something are useless, seeing how you can just repost that screenshot... Vanity items, as mentioned above, would be awesome, but they shouldn't be priority, considering that they have little/no value in-game.

I disagree.

orangehoochhat.jpg

I'd rather not see this ever.

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
I disagree.

orangehoochhat.jpg

I'd rather not see this ever.

played the game. while i had this in mind when saying so, i definitely never want to see this again. NEVER.
but the idea is nice within reason.

also, the vanity items should be rewarded for certain acheivements, which would also be nice to have :D (with maybe random drops, ect)