autobalance, free join, friendly fire (PUBs only)

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
I didn't have as much time to elaborate last time as I would have preferred, so here's a bit more...

The reason that I suggested that the game only track the highest scoring shot and the average highest scoring shots is because the highest is basically a lucky shot, which anyone can get, on a rare occasion, but the higher this is, the better the person will be in general. In regards to the average highest, that is because when playing, you'll have some players that don't ski particularly fast, or you'll have a stretch in which you don't really move and play full defense. This way, you are still getting an average, but it is less affected by the skill of others and reflect's your personal skill.

I once thought about putting in some sort of modifier, but there's a bit of a problem with that... if you made it range/100, then snipers blow everyone else out of the water. If you make it range/500, then you just about have to snipe to get a decent score, because at a range such as 30 meters, you'll be reducing it drastically. Beyond that, while the technical highest difficulty shot in the game would be flying around one border of Zenith or Forgotten and fire a rocket shot that traverses the entire course of the map and hits someone flying in the opposite direction on the other side. However, because the odds of this are about the same as winning the lottery, any successful shot like this would just be flat out lucky, and would have no bearing on your skill whatsoever. That's why I only choose whether or not they are MA, whether or not you are MA, and your relative speeds.