ascend bolt rifle

Fixious

Test Lead
Loachy got mad in an interview after the gameshine tournament final (hindsight vs idk? - was an awful game - 2 snipes, shrike grabs etc) saying that T:A was awful as a competitive environment, hopefully should make hi-rez pay more attention to the issues because its what every single member of the competitive community is feeling.

Fixious

Test Lead
Pay for favorites?

Are_You_Fucking_Kidding_Me_HD_by_CrusierPL.png

Mots0311

Ok, I cant believe I finally got bored of legions and having no other interest in other games I tried out T:A for the first time. All I gotta say is WOW what great possibilities for Legions!! I'm a Legionaire first and foremost although I do have to admit T:A is a far superior game and here are my reasons why-

1) Excellent visuals and graphics.
2) Better defined classes and purposes.
3) More player options; for example acting as a defense for your generator instead of HoFing, destroying enemy generator instead of capping, repairing defenses or destroying enemy defenses.
4) Vote kick.
5) This game makes money! An essential element to a succesful venture.
6) You really dont have to spend money, just grind and get experience points.
7) Theres other things to but I cant remember.

Negatives- Game feels slow, maybe I'm just used to Legions which moves a lot faster. Mouse control feels sluggish, its harder to fire off a quick accurate shot while moving in an opposite direction. No Overdrive! Oh man if I can OD into the enemy base!

I dont know if Legions will ever leave beta and go mainstream, perhaps a merging of Legions and Tribes together combining strengths. I'm assuming Tribes devs look down at Legions as its "retarded cousin" so maybe that wont happen. What makes Legions so fun to me is its speed and movement, you can get an actual rush grabbing the flag at 200+ mph. I dont know whats going on with the servers but they suck, way to many lag spikes and the game feels sluggish, I avereage on TX hotswap 50 ping and 150 fps and yet sometimes have a hard time getting my speed up in an outrider. Plus I do believe there are shenanigans going on with certain players and server admins. Its all good since we all play for free and this game is just an "experiment".
If anyone wants to look me up I'm on the South East servers and go by Mazzz instead of Mots. Apparently Mots was already taken, probably by a Legion player that just wants to be me :)

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Ok, I cant believe I finally got bored of legions and having no other interest in other games I tried out T:A for the first time. All I gotta say is WOW what great possibilities for Legions!! I'm a Legionaire first and foremost although I do have to admit T:A is a far superior game and here are my reasons why-

1) Excellent visuals and graphics.
2) Better defined classes and purposes.
3) More player options; for example acting as a defense for your generator instead of HoFing, destroying enemy generator instead of capping, repairing defenses or destroying enemy defenses.
4) Vote kick.
5) This game makes money! An essential element to a succesful venture.
6) You really dont have to spend money, just grind and get experience points.
7) Theres other things to but I cant remember.

Negatives- Game feels slow, maybe I'm just used to Legions which moves a lot faster. Mouse control feels sluggish, its harder to fire off a quick accurate shot while moving in an opposite direction. No Overdrive! Oh man if I can OD into the enemy base!

I dont know if Legions will ever leave beta and go mainstream, perhaps a merging of Legions and Tribes together combining strengths. I'm assuming Tribes devs look down at Legions as its "retarded cousin" so maybe that wont happen. What makes Legions so fun to me is its speed and movement, you can get an actual rush grabbing the flag at 200+ mph. I dont know whats going on with the servers but they suck, way to many lag spikes and the game feels sluggish, I avereage on TX hotswap 50 ping and 150 fps and yet sometimes have a hard time getting my speed up in an outrider. Plus I do believe there are shenanigans going on with certain players and server admins. Its all good since we all play for free and this game is just an "experiment".
If anyone wants to look me up I'm on the South East servers and go by Mazzz instead of Mots. Apparently Mots was already taken, probably by a Legion player that just wants to be me :)

M6fXi.gif

*Bold shows where you went full retard

Mots0311

I'm failing to understand what the problem with "making money" is. I think its great Legions is an all volunteer staff and under contract to not make a single cent on the game due to an agreement with IA. Which is why I tend to not be to critical of the devs and the issues going on. But come on is Legions just a hobby for a few that get to "tinker" around with the game and develop their own skills as a game designer? I would really love to see Legions get the proper backing and development as Tribes. All these forum discussions put out by the moderators and devs about "how can we make Legions better?" is just a ploy to keep people involved in an already small community, you guys know what to do and what it takes to make a great game. Tribes is the model.

"HiRez crew talking out their ass, surprised they motivate anyone to play with their dull tones. Last line cracked me up as well @ 5:38. "

Yea I remember Crash and that other guy blowing smoke about to just be patient and Legions will be up and running sooooooon. How soon Crash? Soooooon. I hope Monkey Island is going well for them. Sounds like *Fireblasto* has some hard feelings because HiRez wouldnt listen to his probably lame ideas. I'm guessing his suggestion was that everything should be free for all.

Pure

Negatives- Game feels slow, maybe I'm just used to Legions which moves a lot faster.

You must suck at the game, if you want to go fast you can right hills and right time when you rocket jump or wtf ever it is called in Tribes.

Mots0311

You must suck at the game, if you want to go fast you can right hills and right time when you rocket jump or wtf ever it is called in Tribes.

You must not be able to read, I understand the concept of skiing etc. Legions altogether moves much faster and has a better feel of speed and movement. I havent seen amazing grabs or technical moves in Tribes like I have in Legions.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
Yea I remember Crash and that other guy blowing smoke about to just be patient and Legions will be up and running sooooooon. How soon Crash? Soooooon. I hope Monkey Island is going well for them. Sounds like *Fireblasto* has some hard feelings because HiRez wouldnt listen to his probably lame ideas. I'm guessing his suggestion was that everything should be free for all.
If you're going to *chocolate cookies* talk IA at least get it right. Crash and Wiley had absolutely nothing to do with what was going on, they were just relaying messages. It was Lou Castle who had them all focused on Instant Jam. Not Secret of Monkey Island. Those guys did absolutely nothing but try to get the Arcade back up. So don't ever try to badmouth either of those guys again.

Also Legions is faster than Tribes since we use metres per second and they use kilometres per hour (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) you genuinely do go faster in Legions.

Mots0311

"Also Legions is faster than Tribes since we use metres per second and they use kilometres per hour (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) you genuinely do go faster in Legions. "

Yea that makes sense, I knew I was right just didnt know how right I was.

M6fXi.gif

*Bold shows where you went full retard
You obviously haven't played the game, I doubt you even play legions. All the points mots pointed out were correct. The game isn't even grind, most of the default weapons are already the best ones. Classes take very little time to unlock. It has a pretty dedicated dev team and CM that holds out tourneys with cash prizes on a monthly basis. I don't know why you bolded the "Better defined classes and purposes.". In Legions lights are meant to cap, yet heavies do the job ten times easier and faster l0l. And yes, I hate to say it, but tribes is a far superior game, better community, vets that actually offer help to the rookies, pugs on a daily basis, better graphics and visuals. So please, next time before you get butthurt, play the game before you bad mouth it.

The bold shows all the points that were correct from mot's post. Try again.

Mots0311

Fixed.

Visuals and graphics may be an addition, but it never defines the actual fun of the game itself, fancy graphics don't make a game fun.

Not sure what the "fixed" part is in rearranging my statement. I've been playing Legions since IA and I am not a heavy gamer in fact Legions was the only game I have played in the past 3 years until recently. I've been playing Tribes for less than a week, I wouldnt even bother to opine on this subject except I would love to see Legions hit the level of gameplay and players as Tribes.

I agree with your second point.