Any unwanted demos out there?

Vox

Due to me not being able to get enough good demos myself, I've decided to make my next video a community video.
Just send me a private message containing the demo(s) that you want me to use and put down each time (for each demo) that something occurs that you want me to record(just so I don't have to make much of an effort to find the shots themselves :p)
If i get an excess of demos(which i highly doubt), not all will be used because I don't want to make a video longer than 7 or 8 minutes or so.
So yeah, if theres any demos any of you don't want just send them to me. :)

Arch

Legions Developer
The demos that I have that actually have good footage in them are the ones that never want to play.

Vox

The demos that I have that actually have good footage in them are the ones that never want to play.
The demos that won't load are lost causes unfortunately.
However, for future recording here's what you want to do
Copy this code onto your clip board
demorecording::startrecording( )
As soon as you join a game, go into console commands
Once you do that, click the white box on the bottom(the one where you can type stuff) and paste the code thing.
Once you paste it exit the console commands.
To stop the demo, just leave the game and then you can go and view the demo. Best way to find out which demo is which is to go into your recordings folder and right clicking each demo and going into properties.
live/legions/data/recordings
^thats the path(or w.e its called) to get to the demos.
However, if you want to record another demo, you have to close out legions(not the launcher, only legions) and re open it and do the same process again to record demos.
And you do not have to finish a game in order for the demo to load, you can leave the game at any time.

Just a little note, I said this in a different thread and I didn't feel like retyping the whole thing so I just copied and pasted this little guide I made for someone who was new to the game.

Pure

I got a *chocolate cookies* load of demos recorded by mistake, if I find some spare time I'll see what I can salvage from them.

Reactions: Vox

Arch

Legions Developer
Thanks!
However when I loaded the demo, it was running with my hud.
So i'll record it and when I make the video I'll put each player's name in the corner depending on who's recording it is.
I would just turn off the HUD when recording. Make it look more professional.

Vox

I would just turn off the HUD when recording. Make it look more professional.
Alright.
Some of my clips i got myself i forgot to turn off the hud and i got rid of the demos(wasn't thinking lol) to make space.
But I'll re-do it without the hud and I'll keep the hud off the remainder of recording.

Armageddon

Teapot
I realize this thread is a bit dated but what i didn't realize is that i've recorded every game i've played since demo support came out, i must have turned it on and forgot about it.
So if anyone wants 3.55GB of wicked arma ass stomping footage lemme know otherwise i'm dumpin them since i have no urge to make a video.

Vox

If you could get them on mediafire or something that'd be nice.
And if you know when the ass whooping parts happen in each demo letting me know where would be nice :)

Armageddon

Teapot
i'll upload'em and send you a link in a PM when they finish.

86 Total, The good bits are everywhere. My games are like highlight reels :)

Reactions: Vox

Heisenberg

The demo playback is too crude atm. I have a lot of demos and a few of them work, but it would take forever to find good scenes and the game being so fast already, significant fast-forwarding is a no-no; it's impossible to follow. Who's gonna sit and spend 15 minutes (times 50?) to review every map recorded? I hope someone sets up something better eventually.

If you want my working demos as they are, send me a PM.

Vox

The demo playback is too crude atm. I have a lot of demos and a few of them work, but it would take forever to find good scenes and the game being so fast already, significant fast-forwarding is a no-no; it's impossible to follow. Who's gonna sit and spend 15 minutes (times 50?) to review every map recorded? I hope someone sets up something better eventually.

You actually don't have to spend that long to find your good shots, all you have to do is hit f4 and then put idk, 2x, 3x, 4x, etc. to increase the speed. And if you want it to go back to normal speed you just type 1x in the speed box.

You actually don't have to spend that long to find your good shots, all you have to do is hit f4 and then put idk, 2x, 3x, 4x, etc. to increase the speed. And if you want it to go back to normal speed you just type 1x in the speed box.
^, it's actually a pretty slow game, the combat aspect atleast.