Air Brakes

Armageddon

Teapot
Yeah most of the code is done, followed URVX4 for the most part. Same style rifles shooting 20 shots per second at 2000m per second, no collision shots on this engine so it works pretty well. With boosting i have a few options, Solid stop - Slow down - Slight stop. Boosts are the same, forward at xxxmps - fixed meters per second and a glitchy 2x current speed boost. Tribes/legions version of instagib.

Collabo, possible.

Being a URVX legend in your own right wouldn't hurt the mod ;)

Society

There should be something called "Drop". If you hit the ground to hard or hit a unpleasant bump the flag should automatically fall out the carriers hand.

Konflict

There should be something called "Drop". If you hit the ground to hard or hit a unpleasant bump the flag should automatically fall out the carriers hand.

Umm....no. Cappers with get frustrated and rage quitting with will become more frequent.

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
well as much as i like sniper rifles in ultra renegades id like to focus more on other possible aerial weapons but with less of the spam.. id hate to see gernade, mortars, and rockets fullly automatic.. it would be silly. Rather I think should be weapons require some aiming but also effective for ground attacks.. such as flak cannon and some sonic projectile.

I didn't care too much for vx_legend but ultra_renegades competetion was better.. but really not much differences.

Disci

Old man
I'm puzzled. What was the point of URenegades? To me, how you describing how the weapons and movement works, it's just a mindless no skill and no purpose mod no one wants to play. Prove me wrong. :)

Armageddon

Teapot
Ultra was amazing in comp.

It takes a lot of skill to be able to play the mod on a comp level, sure your rifle fired instant kill or close to instant kill projectiles but the players with boosts/airbreaks could change direction in less then a second and be moving 500m in another second. A lot of people hated it because it was so fast and hard to stay alive when good players were on, i think thats why it has had such a bad rep.
Legions really isn't too far off from UR/VX as it is, we have the speed and the weapons are pretty quick already.

There is a lot more to the mod then just sniping and capping, try it out sometime.

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
well there needs to be some changes for weapons on vx versus here because the game wouldn't be able to handle spam of nades, rockets, and mortars. The game currently renders everything that is shot to all players so things will need balanced in such a way that 10 vs 10 sever won't get ridiciously choppy.

The chaingun for instance could fire just it does now but with ultra velocity and still have heat up time.. this will make it more of challange as well. As for something like the MKII.. it was very similiar to like a railgun.. which is capable on the sniper rifle which i did once messing around with the data by mistake and felt really nice.

Armageddon

Teapot
On the mod i've been working on i have the MKII recreated to a T besides a model, it works perfect and without bullets hitting each other like they did in tribes. I haven't tested the choppiness yet because i can't but it didn't lag or feel weird for me. However grenades were horribly laggy when set to VXs values, so i think you're right there will need to be a balance on the weapons/speed of the mod.

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
well again its going need tunned so that its playable. just having the boosts and brakes would be enough to have the ultra renegades feel, the main thing is having the right velocity down for aerial battles. Once you get that in place then you might need to consider lowering the lifespan of the bullets... this will also increase performance because the bullets would delete after select time.

skypredator

Exactly, Arma. I think it'd cause players to develop an extra set of skills, besides, just adding a bit of fun to dueling. Plus, you'd be able to stop faster on a return route instead of overshooting.

Disci

Old man
Exactly, Arma. I think it'd cause players to develop an extra set of skills, besides, just adding a bit of fun to dueling. Plus, you'd be able to stop faster on a return route instead of overshooting.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Please, have a look: