A few weapon sounds and buff

Status
Not open for further replies.
good update, I use the cluster frag pretty much exclusively and was a bit underwhelmed with its boost and damage causing me to use nades as normal so me likey.

Seemed the update removed the 'cluster frag' raider class leaving only the 'cluser boost' ?

Disci

Old man
Played some with the plasma gun yesterday and to me it seems very effective and actually I'm afraid it could become very very VERY effective in the hands of a good player. Maybe even OP but I need to test it even more. I like the smaller projectiles, but RoF might be slightly too fast. I could chase with the gun perfectly fine on Stygian and I was happily using it more than a CG which was a nice change for me. I was more effective dueler with plasma than I am with CG so when it comes to my skill using CG vs people who actually are good at it, I'm afraid those same people will destroy anyone they face with plasma in a split second.

My thoughts so far about the weapon. Good changes and definately towards right direction, but IMO it might still need some honing.

Noober

i notice that with cluster you can do the "hotswap" glitch that enormous improve firerate with GL...
Also mortar imho must be fixed.. put a timer for it's explosion! You can MA with mortar at 2 meters lol... and HOF can shot it on their feet and make a mess for enemy FC and light defender..

Metreon

the new sound for plasma is horrible...
I had the same thoughts about the new sound, but then I just came to the conclusion that it would just grow on me and get used to it. Like the new weps. Honestly, I don't know what other sounds would go good with the plasma.
Sound effects for something with a high rate of fire are tricky because there is so little room to really tweak stuff. What makes it horrible, in your opinion? (I'm going to guess the high-pitch...)

i want to hear some star wars effects... lol!
Were you thinking something like the Imperial Heavy Repeater from Jedi Knight II/III, perhaps? Only Star Wars one I can think of that's close, and it represents the other main approach (in terms of pitch change) to a rapid-fire sci-fi weapon effect.

Dacil

Sound effects for something with a high rate of fire are tricky because there is so little room to really tweak stuff. What makes it horrible, in your opinion? (I'm going to guess the high-pitch...)

Were you thinking something like the Imperial Heavy Repeater from Jedi Knight II/III, perhaps? Only Star Wars one I can think of that's close, and it represents the other main approach (in terms of pitch change) to a rapid-fire sci-fi weapon effect.
yes the high pitch and i forget what that one sounds like

Immanent

good update, I use the cluster frag pretty much exclusively and was a bit underwhelmed with its boost and damage causing me to use nades as normal so me likey.

Seemed the update removed the 'cluster frag' raider class leaving only the 'cluser boost' ?
Hah, it looks like the Cluster-Boost class has the upper hand now! GLHF Jedics :D

Status
Not open for further replies.