Moonshine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you guys take it out of map rotations, it's a shitty map with no routes and no one wants to play on it. Also make it to where every other map isn't Elegiac.

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
Can you guys take it out of map rotations, it's a shitty map with no routes and no one wants to play on it.
I completely disagree with you on that statement, moonshine is actually a very good map, with an extreme variety of both grab routes and return routes, it's probably the case where you haven't played on it much, or you lag on it, which was the only reason I hated playing on moonshine on my old pc. It used to get really bad with a lot of players, but now I enjoy playing on moonshine a lot.
Also make it to where every other map isn't Elegiac.
Elegiac doesn't come up in the map cycle no where near as much as it used to, when there are a few extra players in the server it makes sense to have a slightly larger map?

I completely disagree with you on that statement, moonshine is actually a very good map, with an extreme variety of both grab routes and return routes, it's probably the case where you haven't played on it much, or you lag on it, which was the only reason I hated playing on moonshine on my old pc. It used to get really bad with a lot of players, but now I enjoy playing on moonshine a lot.

Elegiac doesn't come up in the map cycle no where near as much as it used to, when there are a few extra players in the server it makes sense to have a slightly larger map?

It's bad, there is a reason it is NEVER played on scrims or pugs. And I can guarantee if you ask half the people in a moonshine map if they want a map change, they would say yes. Also I've played this game for a very very long time :/. Just trash it with genises and all that other *chocolate cookies*.

Dino

Moonshne is not crappy it varities in a lot of different cap routes, chase routes and 250+ routes.
Elegiac- fun map, big hills, fun to cap,chase fun for flag passes and duels just a good map

Here's a tip: Think before you post or look at the other posts like this or read the blog

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
It's bad, there is a reason it is NEVER played on scrims or pugs.
Just because it isn't played in scrims or pugs doesn't make it a bad map at all, fyi there have been competitive matches on moonshine and will be in the future.
...And I can guarantee if you ask half the people in a moonshine map if they want a map change, they would say yes. Also I've played this game for a very very long time :/.
Once again, I disagree with you. If moonshine doesn't come in the map cycle for quite some time and appears once in a while, e.g. after 4 different maps, I can tell you something, no one that is sane would want to change it to something else. It's not stygian god-dammit, its a pub/pug friendly map, live with it.
Just trash it with genises and all that other *chocolate cookies*.
What?

Bestking

Just trash it with genises and all that other *chocolate cookies*.[/quote]
We have no map called "Genises"

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
[...] fyi there have been competitive matches on moonshine and will be in the future.

I fell about laughing at this. There has been some competitive games on moonshine, but most players found those games to be pretty awful. In the future? No. Do you see moonshine on map rosters for all those new competitions that have started? No. This is because most players find it bad to play on and quite simply a *chocolate cookies* map.

As far as I am concerned, moonshine is a relic from the early days of legions, like nivosus, this is not the map's fault, its just that legions has moved on.

I don't think they should even be included in the original game package itself.

GReaper

Grumpy
It was already dropped from the shazbot.eu/Hotswap TX rotations about a week ago, and I've just copied the new rotation to Element Town server.

Dino

BUT I DONT WANT MOONSHINE TO GO ITS AWSOME FOR CAPPING AND FLAG PASSING AND ALSO CHASING :(

sorry for caps :D

im sorry but i don't want this game back to NIVO-FROST-MOONSHINE.... Its better the way it is now
Read what you just wrote, you pretty much restated what I said. If you don't want it to be NIVO-FORST-MOONSHINE, then you're obvisouly agreeing with my statement. Only problem is everyone loves Frostbyte, nivo and moonshine are bullshit that have no future in this game.
Just because it isn't played in scrims or pugs doesn't make it a bad map at all, fyi there have been competitive matches on moonshine and will be in the future.

Once again, I disagree with you. If moonshine doesn't come in the map cycle for quite some time and appears once in a while, e.g. after 4 different maps, I can tell you something, no one that is sane would want to change it to something else. It's not stygian god-dammit, its a pub/pug friendly map, live with it.

What?
It was played, 2 years ago, and the games were awful. I'm a pretty competetive player, and theres a reason why Forstbye is overplayed, and i have no problem with it. Moonshine isn't varity, no one wants it, it just makes people leave servers.

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
It was played, 2 years ago, and the games were awful. I'm a pretty competetive player, and theres a reason why Forstbye is overplayed, and i have no problem with it. Moonshine isn't varity, no one wants it, it just makes people leave servers.
Just because some people don't like a map doesn't mean it has to be removed, there are a lot of people who like the map, and I strongly stand by what I said, Moonshine is a really good map, and it definitely deserves to stay in the map rotations!

Bestking

In moonshine, its easy to snipe and that is where probably most novice players may want to train with the easy front caps.
IMO, I think Moonshine is/was one of the best maps in Legions and now its taken away, is like something is missing from my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.