Do you solely play to win?

the-champ

I m a die hard fan of winning ;),get really *danced* up when my team loses sometimes when i make mistakes that might cause our team the game i even start yelling at myself like "*dance* me!" etc etc
Yeah,some will say that everyone plays for winning,but many don't care much when they lose.But i am different :D

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Public Games - No way, other factors come into play and even if you're playing good, your team might be awful etc. Best way to live through public games is to not care about the result of the game, only play the best you can.

Pickup games - Yes, but only to a point. I still have fun doing them and as long as the result is close and people are having a good time, the score doesn't matter unless the teams were really *danced* up.

Synista

It's a game, I always play competitively. I play to win but that isn't always the point since the end result is how well the team performs - which is why I like to play games like DM and FIFA where I don't need to rely on people but myself to win :)

MightySheep

I play to win because winning is more fun than losing, being good is more fun than being bad

That's why I play all games as best as I can

Mots0311

Good question. On Pubs mostly I play just to play and work on my own individual skills. However that doesnt mean I screw my teammates over, I still try not to lama when someone is about to grab, I pass the flag when low on health etc etc. I still stick to the integrity of the game as if it were a serious game. Like the old saying goes " practice like you play". There have been times on a Pub when the games are consistently even matched and everyone cooperates, these are good days and I play to win. These games usually happen when its 5 vs 5 or so, they generally get out of control when more people show up.
As for Pugs I just dont play them anymore, I feel really confined when playing.

loc

#1 Private Tester
Of course we all play for fun and winning is a nice bonus.The attitude that you"couldn't care less" about playing to win in pubs is why they are mostly bad.

Severance

Private Tester
I play for fun 100% of the time. Winning is a fine bonus, but having fun and losing doesn't phase me. People taking this game way to seriously(and being obnoxious) is why I tend to stay away from pugs. Now if there was actually something on the line($$)....

Royalty

The Aussie
I have the same attitude in both PUGs and PUBs. I play mainly to help my team win, but at the same time I have fun and just try my best. That's the only way you can get better. If you don't even try your best your not going to earn any respect or develop your skills as a player.