Skins, Voicepacks, Helmets, Oh My!

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
Since IA is gone, what is the status of all the in-game things we bought, namely the skins, voices, and helmets?
Can anyone working on the community build comment on whether or not there will be skins, etc to choose from?

Hawk

They should just transfer the accounts with the original purchased items then, or they're gonna have to give back a ****load.

Tucker Watson

If Legions does come back and IA even transferred user accounts, I doubt in game purchases are a priority (this is purely speculation).

I spent about 60 dollars. I bought almost everything in Legions and some Marble Blast skins. It was worth it while it lasted <3.

I doubt they would allow it. I seriously question weather the community would gain access to the IA accounts. That would most certainly be harder than getting the go-ahead for the community based legions. It must also be noted that they can't generate a profit. :[

Perhaps they could just give the vets a "special" skin or something. :D

Fail english is fail, 'tis too f****** early and I don't care.

57thRomance

If we do in fact get the content back, assuming that the content will return with price tags, we first have to work out the virtual currency and its exchange with real-life currency (or the cost of each item in terms of real-life currency). In other words, we can't use Actiontokens anymore because IA is going down the drain.

57thEnryu

I love how the new version of legion seems to be coming together via the community. this way we cant complain about "developer skrewups" (like in SCII, WHERE I'M STUCK IN BRONZE AGH!!!!!)

what time is it over there?

It was around 5am. :p

If we do in fact get the content back, assuming that the content will return with price tags, we first have to work out the virtual currency and its exchange with real-life currency (or the cost of each item in terms of real-life currency). In other words, we can't use Actiontokens anymore because IA is going down the drain.

Like I said, they can't make a profit. If they introduce price tags there is the slim chance they may make a profit and therefore a chance they break whatever "code" thing they have to follow. :s

Plus, I'm assuming the 'accounts' are kept top secret and will be for a good while. Hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge will pipe in soon. I'm not really sure. :D

A2

I just read that, you are fast, Hawk.
Happy to hear that as well. I'd like to keep my skin, though I just bout one voice pack, it'll be fine.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
man, we have to talk to hi-rez about getting those voice-packs back. I'm sure if we asked nicely there'd let us, and it would be promotion for them..

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
If they don't transfer, but instead you buy the game, that's how they would keep up business, a one-time purchase, for example. Then, you can go in-game and customize, or perhaps a point-system can be integrated, much like Halo: Reach, with a few differences. For example: If you are on a winning team in a team game, then you get a point, certain amounts of points could then be used to buy skins and voice packs. Thus, you don't actually need to spend more money to get everything back, since from what I've gathered, its more than possible that our IA accounts won't transfer from anywhere. No guarantees on any of this, I'm pretty late on the uptake of these things, but for customization, that is what would make sense to me as an option.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
So, most of the content that was purchasable before is now free. I say 'most' because the Tribes stuff is no longer available; as the IP was sold to Hi-Rez. So, distribution of Tribes content from us, not possible.

I, for one, vote for a SeymourGore voice set. That would be sexy.