Your biggest video game dissapointment?

MJ1284

Ever had a game that you've been waiting for ages, only to notice it turned out to be total letdown? Share your painful memories here and serve some ragejuice to your fellow legionnaires/Actionauts!

I'll start with two games.

Dungeon Siege: I was expecting for some sort of Diablo -clone with 3D graphics and big group of heroes instead of soloing the evil minions of Hell.. What did I get? A videogame that's SOO automated it felt like I'm watching a fantasy themed screensaver... worst thing is, it only took 8 HOURS to reach the final boss. 8 BLOODY HOURS!! That's inexcusable, RPG's are supposed to last longer than that... way longer than that.

Dragon Age 2: Ohh boy, where do I begin... I had my hopes real high, got real hyped after finishing DA:Origins. Then I saw a leaked gameplay video. That instant all my expetations got flushed down the crapper. A sequel to a game that had been titled as "spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate" got dumbened down to some bastard child of Devil May Cry and Dynasty Warrior... never thought I'd live to see the day when BioWare desecrates all their previous RPGs.

Dimitryy

Gothic3

when the game was relased it wasnt complete and totally bugged ....
it was laggy and crashed all 15 mins.

i had to wait for the first patch 2 months ....

Jazcash

Halo Reach, Fallout 3, SupCom, Dragon Age: Origins. Don't get me wrong, some of them were good games, just didn't live up to the hype.

MightySheep

Oblivion - being sequel to morrowind meant my expectations were high! but it wasn't anywhere near as fun imo
Gears of War 2 - I spent like £40 on this game and I have no idea why, I've only played it for about 5 minutes since I bought it a year or 2 ago, it was just way too similar too gears of war 1 and bored me straight away

Alex

jaz what you talkin' about FAllout 3 is one of the best games ever....I played DA:O and it was purely amazing but DA2 didn't meet my expectations...same thing about FAble 2

HellzHere

MW2...within a few weeks into was full of boosters,campers,noobtubers. An infinty ward didn't fix any of them, yet released 2 DLC packs, that everyone brought...I hate companies like that

MightySheep

jaz what you talkin' about FAllout 3 is one of the best games ever
To me, fallout 3 was the same as oblivion. It just wasn't as good as fallout 2.

Warhammer Online.
Was reasonable at the start (apart from the technical issues), but it was just pointless once you reached level 40.

I almost listed warhammer online because it was pretty much exactly the same as WoW and Guild Wars and all the other games like that but then I thought I probably would have enjoyed it if I hadn't already played WoW and gotten bored of that type of game already.. because they're so identical

luiscm97

for me was transformers wfc because i thought it will be great but not many people plays it but i dont like it too much but i think it is a great game but it dissapointed i expected more of that game

Chi-Ro

Private Tester
StarCraft 2, I mean really, it's just a bad game... Why I paid $60 for that garbage I really don't know. :rolleyes:

57thEnryu

I only buy games that I know are good, but I have been rather annoyed with the SC2 ladders system; I get 2 wins and gain 8 pts each, 1 loss takes all those pts away...

MJ1284

Hey man, I quite liked dungeon siege. Then again that could be the nostalgia talking.

It must be the nostalgia, Dungeon Siege makes Diablo -games look tactically challenging games where you need to weight every action carefully... Dungeon Siege is definitely one of the most straightforward games I've ever played (and believe me, I've played dozens of games during my lifetime).