weapons you would like to see

weapons you would like to see

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
This game is CTF...that's why turret MUST NOT be added !
The idea of having turrets is just insane : even if we talk about turretsthat are fixed (to a preset position) and usable by one person at a time, that would means the turrets can deal much more damage than any default weapon (because if that's not the case they would be useless, would not they ?) and then, capping will be pretty hard.
I hope that" turrets" as weapon are not "auto turrets" that you can drop anywhere and that would shoot anyone coming in its range...because then it would be just impossible to cap (lol, think about 8 turrets that fire instantly on you when you try to get the flag... not really fun heh ?)

Turrets would just make the actual Legions unbalanced, I played a lof of FPS in which they are turrets used by noob campers and make the game a real fail.
No, I really can't think that turrets could be added whatever people like it or not (that just reveal who is a camper and who is not ^^)

Not quite understanding the idea that because the game is CTF there should not be turrets. I think if done right, turrets will add a nice layer of depth and variance to the game. It would also help solve some of the mingling issues with current pub play (namely slow, disorganized llama capping).

Personally, I would love to see both deployable turrets (that cause light damage and have light armour) and large, base turrets (that cause moderate damage and have moderate armour). What I would also want to see released alongside such turrets are: cap limits and cap radius placed on deployable turrets (so there's not a cluser of 8 of them around the flag, like you stated; And to limit the effectiveness of 'camping'), and a new weapon introduced designed to be effective against such assets.

As for fears that such assets would make it 'impossible' to cap, that's where an effective offense alongside a capable capper becomes even more important. And turrets also give some breathing room to defense against the llama cappers, as in all likelihood, their slow speed will make them an easy target for turrets.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
However, unless we make them instant kill weapons vs sentinels, they'll still kill you with that same weapon. Swords won't work in legions because they will only ever be used en masse by HoFs.

Cherubael

And turrets also give some breathing room to defense against the llama cappers, as in all likelihood, their slow speed will make them an easy target for turrets.
Sometimes, to avoid flag being capped, it is good to be a llama capper, just to get the enemy flag and throw it away, because it give more time to try to retrieve flag.
Another idea I've just had (I have already posted it on the viable legions vehicle topic) would be to add a new weapon similar as the "portal gun" in the game "portal". If you know this game then you might guess what that kind of gun could do (if you don't then google it). The portal gun could used as a weapon as well as a kind of "véhicle". It would work simply :
-1 : you shoot one portal
-2 : you shoot another portal
-3 : you go to one of those portal and you instantly appears out the other portal, without modification of speed/hp
And "Portals" can be used as a weapon you create 1 portal (near the edge of the map) and when someone comes, you shoot another portal right on him and so he goes straight in the barriers and die ^.^
It coule be good for cap routes : you could gain speed with the portal gun, find new ways to cap etc..
Just look the original trailer of this game and think about how it could be nice in Legions if it properly adpated :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA9ChSA6wV4
Warning : the woman's voice in the video is very annoying !

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Sometimes, to avoid flag being capped, it is good to be a llama capper, just to get the enemy flag and throw it away, because it give more time to try to retrieve flag.

E-grabs would still be possible if the offense was effective in their destruction of the enemy base assets. What would not be effective is unorganized e-grab (llama grab, if you will), where a lone player goes in and grabs the flag without taking care of the enemy assets or waiting for backup. Teamwork (or a very competent LO/HO) would be needed.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Another idea I've just had (I have already posted it on the viable legions vehicle topic) would be to add a new weapon similar as the "portal gun" in the game "portal". If you know this game then you might guess what that kind of gun could do (if you don't then google it). The portal gun could used as a weapon as well as a kind of "véhicle". It would work simply :
-1 : you shoot one portal
-2 : you shoot another portal
-3 : you go to one of those portal and you instantly appears out the other portal, without modification of speed/hp
And "Portals" can be used as a weapon you create 1 portal (near the edge of the map) and when someone comes, you shoot another portal right on him and so he goes straight in the barriers and die ^.^
It coule be good for cap routes : you could gain speed with the portal gun, find new ways to cap etc..
Just look the original trailer of this game and think about how it could be nice in Legions if it properly adpated :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA9ChSA6wV4
Warning : the woman's voice in the video is very annoying !

The obvious problem with this being that you can shoot one at your flag and the other one at the edge of the map, thereby killing anyone who dared to get close to your flag..

Lcam

Flame Thower
flamethrower1.jpg

Grenade launches energy
electro.plasma.jpg

Comashift

One thing I'd like to ask is: how would it be possible to use a flamethrower at a high velocity? if you were to go, lets say, a speed of 90, while using a flamethrower, wouldn't you just catch yourself on fire? Besides that I'd think it be fun. Also shotgun would be fun if made and used correctly.

... how would it be possible to use a flamethrower at a high velocity? if you were to go, lets say, a speed of 90, while using a flamethrower, wouldn't you just catch yourself on fire?
Ask yourself if you can use a sword at high velocity (say, to chase a capper). Close-range weapons aren't viable at high speeds.

Lcam

One thing I'd like to ask is: how would it be possible to use a flamethrower at a high velocity? if you were to go, lets say, a speed of 90, while using a flamethrower, wouldn't you just catch yourself on fire? Besides that I'd think it be fun. Also shotgun would be fun if made and used correctly.

The flamtower is more than defensib wepend ¬.¬
You only saw the bad point

TINK ABOUT THE POSIBILITYS!

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Its really not. The only time in Legions it might work is dueling. Emphasis on might. Even then, it would be such a game ender that it would be inherently OP for LO because one LO with a flamethrower (that knows how to use it) could knock out the entire defense. Why? Because the thing about flamethrowers is that they are more or less automatic shotguns with DoT's attached. You hit a person once with it and they take damage, but also, the farther away they are, the wider the flame gets. If you make it deal a DoT as well, then all you have to do is aim at the ground. If you make it light on stuff on fire, just ignite the area under them and then go for them. You will win.

Flamethrowers would be too powerful for Legions for LO, worthless for capping/chasing (due to high velocities of players), and worthless for defense because it has such a slow projectile speed. The only way to counter it is with one of your own which shouldn't work. People complain about others chaining them to death. This would be even worse if we had flamethrowers.

Comashift

Well if you really want a fire based weapon, why not a flairgun? though you need to make it so it wont be just a rip off of a rocket launcher...that catches people on fire. if you made a shotgun with flame enducing bullets then maybe but the ammo would have to be VERY limited in order to make it fair.

Coho

I miss the Tribes Vengeance Buckler:)
it could be toned down ie covers smaller area maybe and the ole shocklance:)

Braiken

Why is the posion the most unpopular choice? I think having a weapon that had a damage over time effect would be great (it takes -1% hitpoint per sec for 5 secs for example, or stops health regeneration for 10 secs). Or it could have even other effects, like leeching energy over time, slowing your speed by a certain margin over time.

MJ1284

Why is the posion the most unpopular choice? I think having a weapon that had a damage over time effect would be great (it takes -1% hitpoint per sec for 5 secs for example, or stops health regeneration for 10 secs). Or it could have even other effects, like leeching energy over time, slowing your speed by a certain margin over time.

Tribes had ELF gun which drained your Energy quickly (practically forcing you to fall flat on ground), some people found it useful while others didn't.

Little offtopic: I really wouldn't mind removing the auto-regen altogether, or limiting it to certain radius from homebase. Currently maps like Nivosus & Moonshine suffer from idiotic base design which favors chaser/flag returner far too much if carrier gets cornered in 1vs1 (let alone in 2 def vs 3 O situations), as if that wasn't bad enough there's also universal ammo stations... meaning attacker can replenish both ammo AND health while carrier placed in hopeless situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.