• Ventrilo

Votes: 49 48.5%
  • Mumble

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Other?

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters

Strife

Could just change all the options to Mumble or TS3, but I don't think they'd like that very much. :p

Sin

Private Tester
Quality, TS wins. And if you run the right server, not some pirated version, TS3 works fine. ET runs it, and only had crashes way back when we started, now MoltenDwarf has it running smooth and silky, vent just sucks IMO-Because of it's quality, and it's interface.

Battelstar

I tried out all of them and i prefer mumble, because it is for free and i had never problems with it like with ts and vent.

Molten Dwarf

Quality, TS wins. And if you run the right server, not some pirated version, TS3 works fine. ET runs it, and only had crashes way back when we started, now MoltenDwarf has it running smooth and silky, vent just sucks IMO-Because of it's quality, and it's interface.
Yeah, I don't think our server has crashed once in a long, long time (over five months now maybe), the last time it was down was because the host we were paying for it upgraded it to the latest release.

I recently migrated our clan from that TeamSpeak 3 server to our new one which is being hosted on our dedicated box with the 512-slot NPO license, and it's running smoothly so far.

I'll be adding some channels to it, and setting up some very specific, complex permission systems (since I'm good at that) later on to manage large volumes of users effectively.

If you wanna try it out, it's hosted in Los Angeles, 100 Mbps u/d dedicated connection with 5 bandwidth providers;
Address: elementtown.com
Port: 9987

'Ello there Molten.

I'm wishing I could change my vote to TS now.
I was using it earlier today (on molten's server coincidently), and I'd forgotten how easy it is to use. (and how much better it is in latency terms)

Outlawl

Macabre
Does anyone know if the new TS3 updated the codecs available? If so, I think TS3 is the more logical choice seeing as though both would have the same voice/sound quality. Plus, if we get a license then we're free to host our own 50-man server, saving us money for other needs(ie dedicated servers, Mabel's food ration).

I'm in for whatever is most beneficial/easiest.

kampferdeztodez

ventrilo is better in my opinion cos i used it for other games :) but recently it stopeed working when i join a server nothing happens :L

can i change my vote to team speak 3 plz? i just remembered u must pay for vent :L?

Severance

Private Tester
I wonder how many people are basing their TS opinions on pre-3.0 versions.

Does anyone know if the new TS3 updated the codecs available? If so, I think TS3 is the more logical choice seeing as though both would have the same voice/sound quality. Plus, if we get a license then we're free to host our own 50-man server, saving us money for other needs(ie dedicated servers, Mabel's food ration).

Available codecs are
Speex Narrowband (8kHz)
Speex Wideband (16kHz)
Speex Ultra-Wideband (32kHz)
CELT Mono (48kHz)

With NPL you've got up to 512 slots

Molten Dwarf

Speaking of 50-slot servers... I have a 50-slot server up for grabs right now. Ever since we (Element Town) migrated our TeamSpeak 3 server from our shared TeamSpeak 3 host to our (powerful) dedicated linux box, we pretty much have a 50-slot server, running somewhere in the central-eastern United Stated, paid in full until July 26th, 2012 (that's a long-*** time).

Despite this, I still invite everyone to join us on our new 512-slot server (elementtown.com port 9987).

Freeman

RAYTANG
Vent is definitely easier to use, but I like team speak more. Voice quality hasn't been much of issue for me, and the avatar thing on team speak is cool.