Votes: 49 48.5%
  • Mumble

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Other?

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters

anak

VIP
Ventrilo is simply easier, and its more commonly used compared to TS3 and Mumble. Community-wise, vent is the happy medium.

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
I honestly don't care. All I know that so far that I've used mumble it's had near zero latency.
I don't mean your ping here. The server also has its own way with the data it gets before it shares it to the users to the channel and vent/ts3 are fooking horrible at this compared to mumble.

ok so i guess were on ventrilo
as soon as some 1 makes a server post the IP so we can connect.
im not sure if thats how it works.
ive only tried teamspeak and ven once and i failed miserably. For some reason i could not connect to something

sugardemon

Vent is definitely the community's 'comfort zone'. Don't let that deter you from trying something that might work better tho, 'cause were all gonna be loading into whatever gets launched, twitching and slavering like the withdrawal patients we are.

GReaper

Grumpy
The annoying thing is that so far the results are the reverse of what solutions are cheapest to implement:

Mumble: Free! We've got servers located in US and Europe which we can just put the software on both of them. We could potentially have as many users as we want with hardly any issues (just need enough CPU/bandwidth if it gets too popular!).

TS3: Potentially free, but it certainly restricts on what we can do. Not really that keen on all the restrictions, having to register as a non-profit just for a single 500 user server. We'd be limited to a single TS3 server instead of providing more than one if we want to have regional servers.

Ventrilo: Evil licensing. We'd have to pay another server host just for the pleasure of running this. The amount of user control is rather pathetic as well, whilst it's certainly simple for the end user, it just doesn't have the power of either TS3 or Mumble.

Apcizzle

I'd be more than okay with using TS3 and Mumble... Free is always good. And if it gets the job done of voice communication and a place for a good amount of people to hang out and idle, then why the hell not.

I only voted for ventrilo due to simplicity.. not with anything else in mind

Mahidhar

It's really not necessary for you guys to follow the voting, if it leads to anything, too inconvenient. If you really believe, Mumble's the best way to go, do it. People will understand, and go with it, without any problems. As far as I've seen, most of the people who voted(including me) have never/barely used Mumble, so we don't know about it. I only voted, cause if there's any chance you'll be deciding between Ventrilo and Team Speak 3, I'd rather go with Ventrilo. I'm fine with whatever you may choose.

Strife

Yeah. If I wasn't unemployed (sadface) I'd probably donate for a ventrilo server or large TS3 server but at this point I don't think it's really necessary when we can just use limited TS3 or Mumble, both of which are acceptable clients.