Unlocked Game on Public Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royalty

The Aussie
0 ping is amazing. Thank you devs. Get ready to be owned! (No one has joined my server yet though....:( )

I can't see other people's servers? Is that because that server is being hosted by the internet that I'm using?

Defender

My fancy deployable inventory station and code is useless in the latest legends, must recode. :confused:
Having the old editor wasted a lot of my time, on some stuff, but it did help a lot with the rest..

Is there a way to get a dedicated server going with this unlocked legions game?
This command line almost works except for the game GUI launching for play mod.

line
ispawn.exe 28002 Legions.exe -dedicated -mission legions/data/missions/Fallout.mis

I'm using the tribes2 ispawn, witch relaunches the game with no problems when I tested.

Defender

http://www.legionsoverdrive.com/blog/2011/12/04/unlocked-game-public-test/

Just load the launcher, and click public test instead of live on the drop down menu. You can then launch your own server, but you need to make sure people can see it by using these two commands in console:

<GReaper> $Host::BroadcastMaster = true;
<GReaper> Network::startHeartbeats();

Then make sure you make sure you have port forwarded as well and you should be set to go!

Its not easy... I think you enter the commands like this below..
Try hitting the ~ key after your in the game playing.
do a copy and past then use ctrl + V to put the command in the console, and hit enter

$Host::BroadcastMaster = true;
Network::startHeartbeats();

You could maybe add this to the bottom of main.cs, its in your test main folder.
One less command to enter every time you play and host....

Poponfu

Lead Developer
Its not easy... I think you enter the commands like this below..

Network::startHeartbeats();

You could maybe add this to the bottom of main.cs at the bottom. its in your test main folder.
One less command to enter every time you play and host....

change this in server\preferences\config.cs and set it to read only

also this is where you need to setup your admin. To login , once ingame open the console and use adminlogin("<your password>")

BestCharmie

I just figured out some new updates, but don't trust the kid with 200 ping, I don't ensure they're all true, I haven't played in a while too.

Sentinel's overdrive seem a bit lighter when going up and
The delay between their overdrive bursts are shorter.
The push after the overdrive seems a bit more farther too.
They seem err, like less gravity, they fly up faster, go up faster too.

Raiders and Sentinels have this thing at the back like the Outrider does now.

Outrider's overdrive is much faster.
So much easier doing turns and circles.

Rocket hit boxes are bigger - easier mas.

New boost grenade explosion - ossum stuff.

GReaper

Grumpy
Just a reminder that if you set important files to read only YOU WILL NO LONGER RECEIVE UPDATES ON THAT FILE. Your installation becomes unsupported.

The best thing to do is to copy the "public-test" folder to a new directory and mod the copy instead. You no longer need to use the launcher to connect to servers on the public test channel (there is no authentication - hurray!), so you can just run Legions.exe directly.

havocblitz

Just a reminder that if you set important files to read only YOU WILL NO LONGER RECEIVE UPDATES ON THAT FILE. Your installation becomes unsupported.

The best thing to do is to copy the "public-test" folder to a new directory and mod the copy instead. You no longer need to use the launcher to connect to servers on the public test channel (there is no authentication - hurray!), so you can just run Legions.exe directly.
i really dont understand.(my english is weak)
u mean just replace the live to public-test?
why i cannot join other people's server?

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
i really dont understand.(my english is weak)
u mean just replace the live to public-test?
why i cannot join other people's server?

GReaper's reminding you to back up your Public-Test folder before making any modifications to it.

Also, take note that you need to be running the Live client if you still want to connect to the existing servers. Use only the Public-Test for the Public-Test server or user hosted Public-Test servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.