Unlocked Game on Public Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriX

How do I join in the public test? Every time I change it from live to public test it has to redo the full download and when its done it says there is an error with finding the file. Is there something I have to do for it to? I feel like its a simple answer as everyone seems to have it working.

JCARTEL

Private Tester
Awesome stuff there guys!!! Works great too!!!! Just followed the directions on this thread. I personally want to thank all the dev's for giving us this update. All I need is Quarry now and I can die a happy man...:cool:

Royalty

The Aussie
Just a reminder that if you set important files to read only YOU WILL NO LONGER RECEIVE UPDATES ON THAT FILE. Your installation becomes unsupported.

The best thing to do is to copy the "public-test" folder to a new directory and mod the copy instead. You no longer need to use the launcher to connect to servers on the public test channel (there is no authentication - hurray!), so you can just run Legions.exe directly.
GReaper, is there anyway to modify your public test folder so that your server is always visible, and so you never have to enter commands into the console?

Also the in-game option button doesn't work either.

Triad

Legions Developer
This is just the release of a new executable and the server-side scripts along with some updates to the client-side scripts. It's not about new content, it's about letting you host your own servers and adding your own content. We will make things easier for everyone in the future, but we still have a few issues to sort out first.

Royalty

The Aussie
Yep restarting fixed the options button.
Can someone please clarify exactly what I have to do to make my server visible?
Also can people join my server even if they are in Live not in Public Test?

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
Don't know if this has already been mentioned, but you need to forward the default port, 28001.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Yep restarting fixed the options button.
Can someone please clarify exactly what I have to do to make my server visible?
Also can people join my server even if they are in Live not in Public Test?

They need to be using the Public Test client as well.

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
Enter 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 into your browser.
Enter your router admin user and pw, find port forwarding.
Get your local IP and then slam that in as well as the port.

If you don't understand that, just google it.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
Also, Hamachi is a good way to join other people's servers. It seems the easiest to me to just use an example such as:

Client::JoinServer("123.45.56: porthere") with the default port being 28001 if not stated otherwise into the control + ~ command.

Status
Not open for further replies.