Download Tribes 2 Voice Pack - Full (30megs of pure voice spam! VGTA)

Royalty

The Aussie
Hey Rockey, u know how before legions was shut down and new voices were included? Well there was once voice that sounded like a robot and said "humans taste like fish!" Is that included in ur voice pack? If not is there any chance u could add it?

And also can you edit the pack so all the unwanted phrases that arent needed in legions such as "defend the nexus" arent in it, because its just too complicated and full of unwanted stuff. Thanks

Vinzyboy23

Hey Rockey, u know how before legions was shut down and new voices were included? Well there was once voice that sounded like a robot and said "humans taste like fish!" Is that included in ur voice pack? If not is there any chance u could add it?

And also can you edit the pack so all the unwanted phrases that arent needed in legions such as "defend the nexus" arent in it, because its just too complicated and full of unwanted stuff. Thanks
That was the T2 Bot 1 voice, and is included in teh pack.

Anyways, what AM I supposed to do with the scripts?

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
No. I can't.
I don't have the time currently as I'm working out of town.
The instructions on the first post are more than you need.

Vox

i downloaded the files so i just put all the files in the folder and start the game in order to get that certain piece of text in the prefs.cs?

Royalty

The Aussie
No. I can't.
I don't have the time currently as I'm working out of town.
The instructions on the first post are more than you need.

Rockey I know what you were trying to do by releasing the T2 Voice Packs was a friendly gesture, but because of the unwanted commands and confusing categorization of the Commands, instead of making Legions a more enjoyable experience for players, I fear players are taking too long to figure out what buttons to press, and which category a command is in. The unwanted and useless phrases such as "Defend the Nexus!" are also a major contributer to this confusion.

I would fix this problem myself, but as I neither have the knowledge or guidance to do so, I can't fix it.

I am going to continue to use the default sound packs as they are easier to use and more relative to the game, till the T2 Voice Expansions have had a major makeover. I advise everyone else to do so too.

Thank you, and I hope that when you have the time you will release the packs again, but this time with improvements made.

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
I don't really care what you think. I'm creating scripts mostly for myself and few small ones that people ask and I feel like are reasonable. I like the pack as it is (content wise) and i have no intention on changing it. If you feel like changing the menu, the cs files are in the same folder with the voices. I usually add to a script f people find it lacking but... removin utility because you cba to learn tbe t2 menu. No. I'll happily stop publishing these mods if this kind of crying and protesting against them continues.

Reactions: Sin

Disci

Old man
:D

Every player has an option to choose to use these scripts/voice packs or not. Why would anyone complain about them since they are optional? Some people ie old Tribes dogs will happily use these because these are nostalgic and they warm their hearts! No matter how many things others might think are either useless or are confusing(lol).

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Royalty, chill out there, bud.

It's a mod. An optional enhancement to the game. If you don't like it or don't want it, you don't have to download it. But telling other folks not to download it? That's a recipe for disunity, right there.

Script Jockey Rockey here puts an epic amount of effort into developing mods that he wants to use, and he believes the community may want (and be able to benefit from) as well. Your argument that newbloods may be getting confused by the menu structure doesn't hold a lot of water, since the only folks who are likely to even download it are the Tribes vets who have memorized the menus back-to-front anyways. For them, the extra lines like "Defend the Nexus" and such aren't intrusive, just nostalgic -- and, let's face it, the whole voice pack is designed to be nostalgic anyways.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but just because you find it difficult to navigate the menus doesn't mean other people find it difficult too. Telling folks that you "advise everyone else" to "continue to use the default sound packs as they are easier to use and more relative to the game, till the T2 Voice Expansions have had a major makeover" is kinda shortsighted. You're advising other folks to play a certain way without giving them any reason to trust your judgment, and without taking their perspectives into account.

Tossing your opinions out there is epic and welcome, bud. But can't we at least be tactful about it?

Reactions: Sin

Voltz

I have trouble using the voices as well because I've never played Tribes in my life, but Rockey's intention was a good one and that's what matters. I hope that thoughtless posts won't affected Rockey's generosity.