The Future of Legions - Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy *dance*, you guys. I was under the impression this was dead and buried. I'm seriously looking forwards to the future development and the move to steam. Epic kudos for the effort that's for sure. So very glad I checked back.

T:A is amusing but I still miss legions, I'm so very excited to hear it's still kicking it's lil feet.

Will be back "soon". Thank you lot for all the hard work and dedication you're putting into the game. You guys are the *dancing* best. <3

Smooth P

One thing i haven't seen yet on Unity is an FPS+Z game, I've seen a few games employ vehicles like jets etc but nothing like a jet pack type flight. I'm sure jetting won't be too hard to re-code onto unity since i've seen Tribes like flight coded into the Source engine, Unreal 3 engine and ID Tech II & III engine.
Proper Tribes-like movement (and trees!) are quite possible in Unity. I know because my disappointment with T:A caused me to go out and do it:

Defender

I found this free game last night, Im guessing some of you know about it..
This game is opensource GPLv2 license and seems to be based quake3 but with updated graphics..
If the next Legions is going to be opensource, I think the Dev team could get some great ideas on redesigning the legions website by taking a look at the xonotic.org website.. I also like some of the space arena maps they have, witch have have jump/accel pads, and wonder if that kind of map design would be fun in Legions.

http://www.xonotic.org/

logo_nav.png

Defender

It's like the exact same layout?

Even if the next Legions is not opensource, you could still maybe get some good Ideas for a new legions website, and maybe some game features too from xonotic.
I like how they have pictures, info, and a few download options for the game..

Defender

Legions physics aren't quite what I'd call normal...
To me the physics, for skiing and jetting are what make legions special, compaired to Tribes or Legends...
Who ever coded it on the old legions Dev, sure did a great job.:)
Its going to be interesting to see if the physics can be ported to Unity...

pinekoan

Legions Developer
Proper Tribes-like movement (and trees!) are quite possible in Unity. I know because my disappointment with T:A caused me to go out and do it:

Interesting. Source? Sure I can just decompile the Mono assemblies, but Unity does some weird post-compile things and its rather ugly. Is it yours?

Karnage

Private Tester
Interesting. Source? Sure I can just decompile the Mono assemblies, but Unity does some weird post-compile things and its rather ugly. Is it yours?
Doesn't seem to be any fall damage and hitting a slope (up or down) doesn't seem to affect the speed. Or am I mistaken? Hope this is not where we are headed if my perception is correct. It also seems rather slow compared to Legions - more Tribes-like. Can the physics of Legions really be replicated here?

Status
Not open for further replies.