The answer to "What is a PUG or pub?

Ucantry2run

Private Tester

Angel.

Private Tester
I've noticed a few players here ask this question. So here is your quick answer:

PUG - Pick Up Game
A pick up game is type of competition that is casually started within a voice chat server like Ventrilo or Teamspeak 3. There are typically no specific time when they start, it's more so a spur of the moment event.

First: A sufficient amount of players are needed. 5 vs 5 is the bare minimum but we like to do 7 vs 7 or even 8 vs 8 at times... it all depends on how many people are online at the time.

Second: Sadly, this seems to be the hardest part of the whole process and that would be finding 2 people who would be captains. Once 2 guys decide to suck it up and become captains, they start to pick teams one by one. The first player pick or map pick is decided by a coin toss by a mutual party. The winner of the toss chooses what map and side he or she would like or what player they choose first.

Third: A server is determined by all the players in the game and everyone parties up on that server.

Fourth: Once everyone is in the game and both teams say that they are ready, the game is started by the host.

The objective is the first to get to 10 flag captures or to have the most captures within the decided timelimit (which if i remember correctly, we liked 20-25 mins on the clock). It is unacceptable to leave a PUG early. Players who do so will be banned from future PUG's. If there is an emergency for you to leave, then find someone to substitute for u and wait for his/her arrival.

Pub - Public game/server
Simple put, a public server is what most people play when they play any game. You go to the game server list of the dedicated servers available and choose the game you like. This is no different in legions. Public servers don't usually a good amount of teamwork, but a good place to start and get familiar with the game. Once you feel comfortable with the game, the transition to PUG's should start. It will be rough atfirst since it is a huge change in difficulty, but most of us agree that PUG's are where the real fun is.

Hope this helps.
There should be some type of way to people into puging. i dont know why most people are affraid to pug

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
In all honesty, what kept me from joining pugs for a long time after beginning to play legions was the fear of just getting killed by significantly better players without actually doing anything helpful. The skill curve on legions is viciously steep, yet there are players at the top that can rain down death at those below with little effort. Knowing that I was probably only in the 50-60th percentile, that was my fear so I simply avoided it. Then I became a PT and got dragged into one to test Gorge where I realized they weren't that bad, though Mabel did get a kick out of me not knowing what I was doing.

Idk.. Just my experience..

Application-1

test bester
Everyone that does not join pugs out of fear getting dominated have no backbone or however you call it in english. Maybe I am saying it a bit on a hard way but I don't know a different word for it.

I joined pugs because I had fun in them even though I was really bad. I just used my microphone and started talking with people and having fun. After 3 days I was already picked as a captain because i talked and simply had fun even though I was not the greatest at what I did back then. With other words less qq and more pew pew. If you stop playing pugs because you are /bad/ at it and drop it without getting better then I wonder how that effects your real life.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Everyone that does not join pugs out of fear getting dominated have no backbone or however you call it in english. Maybe I am saying it a bit on a hard way but I don't know a different word for it.

I joined pugs because I had fun in them even though I was really bad. I just used my microphone and started talking with people and having fun. After 3 days I was already picked as a captain because i talked and simply had fun even though I was not the greatest at what I did back then. With other words less qq and more pew pew. If you stop playing pugs because you are /bad/ at it and drop it without getting better then I wonder how that effects your real life.

The expression is no backbone.

stefygraff

Private Tester
There is a lot of Pride in this game, people must grow up (in the euro community). Also application, stop playing LOL so much in in7 chan and join in the weekends. I had 3 weeks to play PUGs all day, i was idling 2-3 hours around in PUG channel while there were a good 9 people in other channels giving no *chocolate cookies* about this game.

S

shaskie

There is a lot of Pride in this game, people must grow up (in the euro community). Also application, stop playing LOL so much in in7 chan and join in the weekends. I had 3 weeks to play PUGs all day, i was idling 2-3 hours around in PUG channel while there were a good 9 people in other channels giving no *chocolate cookies* about this game.

don't blame em.

Freeman

RAYTANG
lolwut. you dont have to play legions to idle in the legions teamspeak, you can do whatever the *dance* you want. how application and friends decide to spend their time is up to them.

Karnage

Private Tester
Application, you have a specific kind of personality, you have a thick skin (not in a bad way) and you can laugh when people insult you or tell you you are bad. Other people are not the same as you. They are more sensitive and might get hurt more easily. They don't have your confidence. That doesn't mean they don't have backbone. They might just be more shy than you. I'm sure it's not easy for them to get onto TS for the first time and get thrown into PUG. They might feel they are letting the team down, if they are bad and if anyone criticizes them they might feel really bad too.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
Application, you have a specific kind of personality, you have a thick skin (not in a bad way) and you can laugh when people insult you or tell you you are bad. Other people are not the same as you. They are more sensitive and might get hurt more easily. They don't have your confidence. That doesn't mean they don't have backbone. They might just be more shy than you. I'm sure it's not easy for them to get onto TS for the first time and get thrown into PUG. They might feel they are letting the team down, if they are bad and if anyone criticizes them they might feel really bad too.
People need to learn to laugh things off, and know that we're joking around with them. Otherwise they get all serious and butthurt, if you're being joked around with, chances are it means you're liked. If we don't like you/don't know you, it'll be different. You'll get the polite run around and probably won't get casually talked to very much, this means you have to become more active so the veteran puggers of this community recognize you and when you join they go "Hey _____"

/insight

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
People need to learn to laugh things off, and know that we're joking around with them. Otherwise they get all serious and butthurt, if you're being joked around with, chances are it means you're liked. If we don't like you/don't know you, it'll be different. You'll get the polite run around and probably won't get casually talked to very much, this means you have to become more active so the veteran puggers of this community recognize you and when you join they go "Hey _____"

/insight
Or get blasted by Freeman 24/7 :D

APPLICATION PLAY LOL WITH US AGAIN