Something for the new legionnaires

DOS4/GW

Yeah, I think that would be a good change. 'Velocity Warning' makes it sound a bit more dangerous and rad, though. Also, the warning isn't entirely unwarranted; it's around that speed that you have to start worrying about collision damage.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
I can't resist: Broglie waves are quantummechanical effects, they only apply to very well isolated particles in isolated systems if I recall correctly (e.g. electrons in accelerators). You're not going to see any of this for a 500kg system moving at ~ the speed of sound. If you want to find a lore solution to overdrive, maybe think about the air friction ionizing the particles emitted by the jets and causing a 'magnetic chain reaction' or something like that.
I know that DeBroglie wavelengths aren't meant for things bigger than atoms, but that doesn't mean you can't calculate a DeBroglie wavelength, and when I got bored in AP Chem, that's what I did. Several years later, all I remember is that its really small.

Lin

I know that DeBroglie wavelengths aren't meant for things bigger than atoms, but that doesn't mean you can't calculate a DeBroglie wavelength, and when I got bored in AP Chem, that's what I did. Several years later, all I remember is that its really small.
Daph had a post up somewhere fully explaining the OD lore. Something about shifting gravitons into phase. pity I can't find it.

On topic, I really don't think we'll need any of this once we get some sort of tutorial or help section or something.