Singapore Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karnage

Private Tester
The long and the short of it is that this server is simply unplayable. I do not think Singapore is a good place to have a server. The internet in Singapore clearly sucks according to my speedtest results. Would like to see a server in Hong Kong rather.

Immanent

The long and the short of it is that this server is simply unplayable. I do not think Singapore is a good place to have a server. The internet in Singapore clearly sucks according to my speedtest results. Would like to see a server in Hong Kong rather.

... It's not that the internet sucks... the internet does NOT suck for the record. the ISPs are beeches so is the government, channeling every thing you do from streaming to yeah.

St3lth

Backend Contributor
Apparently Amazon EC2 micro instances aren't that great for performance (see Evaluating Amazon’s EC2 Micro Instances).

Only way of getting better performance from it would be upgrading to something more expensive. If there are enough players to justify it then it might be viable - otherwise it's pointless leaving it running as it currently is.
How much are you guys paying for the SG server? I would like to see an upgrade, but I want to know what the final price will be after the upgrade?

Has there been a change made to the sing server?
Because while I used to get 70 ping there, for the last couple of days it's been always saying 350 ping, which is higher than what I get on the hotswaps.

That's because people were playing in it, and it lagged.
It wasn't immanent, i'm not stupid. The server was empty. Unless all those people were invisible and had somehow made it so that they didn't appear on the player list.
Also, in case you didn't notice, when the server starts getting one of those lag bouts, everyone's pings read extremely low, saying something like 15 ping.
If someone desyncs from the server, but remains connected, then they start reading something like 2500 ping.

What happened to me was a stable, but high 350 ping. It was as if I was playing on an East Coast US server.

Mahidhar

It's not about the distance anymore guys, the server is just nonsense. It is a waste of money, as it is, and unless it could be fixed in a way, that the freezes stop occurring, it needs to be removed immediately.

Immanent

Oh hell no.

And to re-iterate, I'm fine with a better server here in SG or HK.

My ping is veeery good: 20 ping..

Status
Not open for further replies.