Singapore Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

eldermimmmi

Ping doesn't only depend on the distance. Maybe SG isn't connected well to the www. E.g. I ping nearly the same to London ( 1.113 km) and to Switzerland (343 km)

Well, in my computer it's still the same from the HotSwaps #1-2, 4-6. It seems that HotSwap #3 and #7 have about 10 ping lower. XD

Data:
*Date: Dec 24, 2010 (12:00 NN)
*Connection Type: Wireless, distance from W.Router: approximately 7 meters.
[DE]shazbot.eu#1 = 326
[DE]shazbot.eu#2 = 326
[DE]shazbot.eu#3 = 326
[DE]shazbot.eu#4 = 326
[SG]The Cloud #1 = 232
[US]HotSwap #1 = 199
[US]HotSwap #2 = 210
[US]HotSwap #3 = 198
[US]HotSwap #4 = 210
[US]HotSwap #5 = 210
[US]HotSwap #6 = 199
[US]HotSwap #7 = 198
Where do you live btw?

My ping for the hotswap servers range from 40-70, the cloud is 120, and the shazbot servers are 140.

If the server is upgraded to handle more ppl so it doesnt lag (runs perfectly when there is only 1 or 2 ppl) I think it will be a good option, those in HK are pinging 60-70 so no need to put one there again, those in australia are pinging half what they did when there was one in HK confirming how *chocolate cookies* I thought they were over there.

Im surprised more havent chimed in here with their ping to see if this will suit those in the asia region.!!!!

Karnage

Private Tester
Well, I am in Korea and I ping between 200 and 300 on the SG server whereas I always ping under 200 on the US servers. IMO the SG server is wholly inadequate. Korea has the fastest internet in the world and I have a fibre optic connection. I should ping a lot better on an SG server.

Mabeline

God-Tier
Well, I am in Korea and I ping between 200 and 300 on the SG server whereas I always ping under 200 on the US servers. IMO the SG server is wholly inadequate. Korea has the fastest internet in the world and I have a fibre optic connection. I should ping a lot better on an SG server.

No, Asia's routing is wholly inadequate.

57thSora

I'm having like 10-90 ping in SG Server, 150-230 in the US server's and 300+ in the EU server's. I'm unable to play but I looked at the ping so yeah. ;x

GReaper

Grumpy
Apparently Amazon EC2 micro instances aren't that great for performance (see Evaluating Amazon’s EC2 Micro Instances).

Only way of getting better performance from it would be upgrading to something more expensive. If there are enough players to justify it then it might be viable - otherwise it's pointless leaving it running as it currently is.

Immanent

My computer said 3 ping, however I could not even get into the game (might be a problem on my part).

HUZZAH! Singapore server, a'las :D

Immanent

about 10-30 ping.

However when 3 or more players join and play, the game gets SUPER choppy for everybody forcing us to quit and join again

Status
Not open for further replies.