Remove Sniper from Outrider

Status
Not open for further replies.

skypredator

IMO sniping is fun, but as an OR, a nicely placed rocket/grenade/cluster/mortar(!!) can/will kill you. And it's not like everyone's using the sniper class and spamming with it. It's quite easy to die as a sniper. You could say the same thing for all of the splash weapons in the game on the Raider. I've been chased and killed by Radiers AND heavies when playing as a sniper. A sniper is very maneuverable, but with that maneuverability comes, well, reduced size and less health. If it were OP, everyone would be using it.

Immanent

IMO sniping is fun, but as an OR, a nicely placed rocket/grenade/cluster/mortar(!!) can/will kill you.

The Mortar is the only one that really poses a big threat (1 hit KO), but assuming you are talking about the public test here, mortars are only available on Sentinel's and that means that they would have to go HO if you are D-sniping. Yes sniping is fun.

And it's not like everyone's using the sniper class and spamming with it.
Man check out MJ1284's video :p

I've been chased and killed by Radiers AND heavies when playing as a sniper. .
Just wondering, why if you are O sniping or D sniping. Because I don't think many people run while D sniping, and O sniping is just... O sniping.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Having a very mobile sniper would be okay if its mobility was significantly hampered once it takes a shot. That's not the case right now.
Hey, what do you call losing approximately 2/3 of jetpack once you take a shot? If that's not mobility hampering, I don't know what is.

Anyways, a good sniper is a good sniper, and honestly, sometimes its hard to touch snipers, so making them easier to take down is better than giving the sent the LR and then having them hole up and eat your rockets or other weapons for lunch. Its far better to give a light fast reconnaissance unit the LR and have the unit easier to take down than having somebody turn into a long-range turret.

I would have rather kept the LR mk.II and ditched the standard but ah well, at least I got the wasp loadout. Makes for good chase-sniping.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Hey, what do you call losing approximately 2/3 of jetpack once you take a shot? [...]
You actually lose 100% of your jet energy. I really love how most of the self-appointed "laser experts" out there get that wrong.

Abandoned

You actually lose 100% of your jet energy. I really love how most of the self-appointed "laser experts" out there get that wrong.

It might seem like only 2/3 of your energy being lost because if you are stationary while you take your shot, you will regain that lost energy rapidly so it SEEMS and if only 2/3.

Propkid

No.

But actually bring the old Hornet (on the Raider class) back to the test servers, maybe with a skybolt instead of RL. You took away my favourite class Q.Q

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
No.

But actually bring the old Hornet (on the Raider class) back to the test servers, maybe with a skybolt instead of RL. You took away my favourite class Q.Q

Wow. Have you even played in the public test servers properly? If not, please leave this thread and stop leaving mis-information.

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
the sniper on the outrider only is a nice idea, it gives it it's own unique weapon and themes the class more to the speed/scout class it is most likely intended to be, just like the sentinel is themed towards heavy damage and defence.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Which leads to: Raider, LR + SB. Context, Fireblasto, context.

Humm, I thought that he was referring to creating a new class which had already been created. I guess I just viewed the two points as separate entities. Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.